Monday, August 24, 2009

Grandma Goes Overboard!

Don’t get worried…it’s not a headline!

This is my CCEE challenge card for today… (host Cindy Motherway's challenges based on the popular 60's song The Birds & The Bees.)

Let me tell ya about the Birds and the Bees
And the Flowers and the Trees
And the Moon Up Above
And a Name I Just Love!

Notice the last line she changed…this is our CNFS (catchy name featured stamper), Grandma Overboard on SCS.

I also combined it with SCS’s Technique challenge today, Painted Grid. I’d never done this before, it was fun! overboardAfter coloring my image and masking, I took Magic Mesh and wrapped it around my brayer then rolled it in acrylic paint and rolled over my image. (first I did her top, then I masked the entire image… airbrushed the background and brayered)

TLC235 Grandma Overboard 

The image is from Art Impressions…I just love these old gals! Paper from DCWV and I faux’d the layers with a Copic marker.

To see what grannies the other girls did, you can click here.

Thanks for stopping

Dawn

10 comments :

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Hee! Hee! She is too funny! Love your coloring and the bg mesh technique. Darling card, Dawn!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh my goodness Dawn Granny is is funny and cute!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

I knew you'd have a crazy old lady Dawn!! This is just too fun!!

Mothermark said...

Grandma went overboard and you are splaining about a technique! Yikes!! You are overboard with your techniques!! Giggle!

Such fun Dawn....I love it...you rocked this challenge! Darn it! I will have to be thinking of something else more goofy!

Lori Craig said...

This is just adorable... Love the watercoloring and the layout, Dawn. Fabulous!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

OMG we must be 'channeling' each other...I just colored this image up yesterday in between comments on the FS....of course, Queen Colorist, yours loves fabulous.....thanks for the smile

Velta said...

What a darling card Dawn!!! I just smiled and smiled when I saw this image!!!

Carolyn King said...

Awesome Dawn...she totally makes me laugh---love the awesome grid technique too!!

dawnmercedes said...

hi there dawn! just ran into your blog thought I'd post a hello...

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

How fun! Love the fresh colours & that painted grid technique sounds like a blast. No wonder Grandma has gone all overboard about it, heehee