Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Magic of Paper and Copics

The need of a sympathy card and today’s Ways to Use It challenge on SCS …Very Vintage 

Several days ago I printed this digital image, Forget-Me-Not, from Sweet n’ Sassy not knowing I’d be needing it so soon.

Now, my title? Well, as you can see I started out coloring my flowers in stages of pinks…got them finished and thought about the NAME of the set and WHY I was making the card! I know, flowers can be any color you want them to be…but instead of starting all over I just colored over!

Ola4 Ola5
I love how all the colors blended and “magically” became blue Forget-Me-Nots!

Now, since this was to be a vintage card, I had to dirty it up a bit. All the pieces were sponged with Distress inks, even the ribbon and green lace (so they weren’t so bright)! The ribbon looks “older” in real life with the sponging…honest!
WT233 Never Forgotten
The flower centers have Crackle Accents and Liquid Pearls and are popped up on a thick foam dimensional. 

The cool vintage ledger paper is from Mel’s blog, she’s got lots of freebie stuff!! It’s printed on white with just the edges sponged with Old Paper, Tea Dye, and Walnut Stain Distress inks.

stamps: forget-me-not digital- sweet n’ sassy paper: prism kraft, sunflowers med, georgia pacific white ink: old paper, tea dye, walnut stain distress-ranger other: copics r21-32, e04-55-30-53, yg21-91,y35-38, b12-23-24 , computer/printer, cuttlebug/embossing folder, spiral punch, spellbinders ribbon tag, anna griffin ribbon, prima lace, lace from my sewing stash, pearls, crackle accents-ranger, liquid pearls, top note, foam dimensional, glue dots, zip dry glue, dauber, craft knife, scissors

Thanks for stopping by today,
it’s been my pleasure showing you how I cover up boo-boo’s! tee hee

Dawn

11 comments :

Jean said...

Dawn this turned out beautifully! Love the colors together and the vintage look is great.

Jean Franks Beck said...

Beautiful job!! Love how your flowers turned out!

Lori Craig said...

Wow! This is beautiful! Look at that cut work...

Leah said...

This is beautiful! Love your fix for the "boo-boo". :)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Beautiful Dawn!! LOVE the lace and pearls with your fabulous forget-me-nots!!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This is breathtaking! I love your new trick with Copics. That is magic. I would've never thought to layer contrasting colours like that & it looks so vintage. You made that ledger paper look like a bazillion bucks with the distressing. I'm a-gonna hafta try that too! SOOOoooh Gorgeous!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Holy canoli is this gorgeous!! I love how the color turned out on your flowers and that exquisite ribbon and lace, Dawn!

Joanne (jojot) said...

absolutely stunning...wowza

Ida said...

Wow what a beautiful card.

- dlm. said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love vintage cards.

Nancy said...

Dawn,

This is jaw dropping Gorgeous!!!