Friday, February 27, 2015

Coloring on Kraft…and MISTI!

Spring is right around the corner….21 days, 7 hours, 25 minutes at the time I’m writing this post!

I love daffodils and iris and if you’ve been with me any time at all, you know I have them all around my yard. I can’t wait to see all those green sprouts start pushing up through the ground!

I’m sharing several things with you today. A sneak peek at one of the new stamps coming from Our Daily Bread designs, Christ the Lord Background, and I caved and jumped on the newest stamping craze… the MISTI from My Sweet Petunia!

This is also several challenges on Splitcoast today, stamping on kraft for the F4A and ‘along the edge’ for the Mix-Ability.

I love the look of stamping on kraft and even better when colored with pencils (Prismacolor)! But did you ever notice when you color over your lines and blend the pencil, you lose the definition of your stamp…the ink seems to fade. (unless of course you’ve embossed your image!) I’m going to show you what I like to do. And, now that I have the MISTI it’s going to make it soooo much easier!!.

I started by stamping with Memento Tuxedo Black, my favorite for coloring because it doesn’t smear. I left the background in place while I colored with my pencils and blended with baby oil. (yes, you can blend with baby oil!)

You can see as I colored and blended over lines that it faded the black.

So, this is what I like to do to make the image POP again!

With my image all colored, I put it back in the same spot, this time stamping with Ranger Jet Black. It’s a crisp, black. I don’t recommend for coloring unless you emboss or let it dry for a long time, it tends to smear and I’m way too impatient! I want to start coloring NOW!

It really defines your image to ‘over stamp’!

I decided I wanted to pop up the flowers, so I used a scrap of kraft, set it in the area where the flowers would be and with my background still in the same place, inked up just the flowers with Tuxedo Black. Using a pencil, I made an outline where this scrap was so I could put it in the same spot to ‘over stamp’ it! The MISTI worked like a charm!! Awesome!

Be sure to pop in on the first to see the March release!

Thanks for stopping by!

Dawn

1 comments :

Wanda Cullen said...

This is stunning, Dawn! Yay for the positive results with the MISTI!