Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Just Made it… By a Thread! #77 So Sassy!

If you’re looking for my
ODBD Special Mid-Month Release,
click
here

************************

Aug16 framed

Whew! I’ve been playing catch-up what with being at the fair all last week then working 2 days at Stampaway… I had mountains of laundry and floors that hadn’t been vacuumed in…um… well, you get the idea! (yeah, nobody but me knows how to run the vacuum!! LOL)

And speaking of Stampaway… I got to meet Kecia!! Such a sweetie! I’m glad you introduced yourself, Kecia! It’s always fun to meet my cyber buddies!

************************

Our Sassy Challenge this week,
again from that Sassy Jeni,
is Sewing, real or faux.

When I saw Little Knitter I knew I had to have her! Being a hand-spinner and knitter she is just perfect!

Aug16

Isn’t she just adorable! I colored her with Copics, then cut her out with scissors and craft knife. She’s set atop a Cheery Lynn die, Dainty Dutch Deco Frame. I hand stitched some yarn around the inside.
The sentiment is from
Our Daily Bread designs, Sewn With Love, and is machine stitched. Spellbinders Labels 8 trimmed around embossed area then I used the same die for the mat… “faux color” cardstock by using a Copic marker to match on white cs.

Aug16 side

For more Sassy inspiration,
see what the other girls have done!

Ann English ~ Cathy Edgar
Heather Huggins ~ Kim Rhead
Jeni Tidwell ~ Pat Frank ~ Peggy Marsh
Jackie Mooney ~ Judy Kreucher
Tracy Jackson

thanks for stopping!

Dawn

10 comments :

Sassy Cheryl said...

Your post title is FUNNY considering the challenge is stitching. . . .! Was that intentional!?!?!?!
This is a stunning card Dawn. It's gorgeous! And I love the sentiment. It's perfect for this image.

Pat said...

Hi Dawn! I'm with Cheryl...your post title is brilliantly clever!! You are too funny! Amazing how vacuuming and cleaning toilets can only be done by the lady of the house, huh?! Well...look on the bright side, job security...or something like that! LOL!! Your card is so gorgeous! I love the DPs and that die cutout is absolutely perfect!! I've been eyeing this Sassy Cheryl image ever since she came out...so dang cute! And your coloring is bee-u-tiful!! Hugs. Pat

Shirley said...

Dawn, I'm in love with this card. I've got to check out the Die Company, as this one is perfect. As usual your coloring is amazing and what a perfect sentiment. Now I've got to go see if I've already purchased this sweetheart or need to while the sale is on. Believe me, I understand about no one running the vacuum but me.

Jeni said...

This card is gorgeous Dawn! Love that little deco frame, looks great with your stitching. ~jeni :)

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Kecia is SO sweet! LOVE the sweet colours & the texture of that die. WOWzers it's amazing. I always want doilies, but want them acid free. Who knew? (You, as usual!)

Joanne (jojot) said...

gorgeous, my friend....and glad you survived the fair....phew, eh????

Kecia said...

It was a treat meeting you, Dawn. You are as nice as your internet persona.

Lovely creation you are sharing with us today. That little knitter is beyond adorable!

Tracy said...

Dawn this is beautiful, love the layering on it and the colours are great
Hugs
Tracy

Heather Huggins said...

Totally cute!! That image is perfect..

The Wired Angel said...

She is darling, Dawn. Your coloring is amazing. And, I love the tutorial you did for the coasters. You never stop! Hugs, Peggy