Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Papers & Pixels, A Get-Away to Amish Country & Cards…

TulipEaster clsup

To find out how to make this card, check out the March edition of Papers & Pixels! 
(
Our Daily Bread designs)
I’m amazed at how much is packed into these issues!
I’m loving the Photoshop tips!

TulipEaster

*******************

My daughter, Jennifer (Country Bulk Barn), invited me to go along with her to a Walnut Creek food show up in Amish country. We went up on Monday, spent the night, did some sight-seeing and attended the food show! A nice get-away and yummy samples too!!  
Our part of Ohio is so “blah” compared to the rolling hills of the north-eastern part of the state!

Here are the few pictures I managed to snap!

ViewGazebo

The view from our room!

 

BuggyHotel resz

BuggyRow1

BuggyRow2

 

WowHome

Gosh! We saw some gorgeous homes!! WoWzers!!

WC Jennifer resz

PickerParadise1

A Picker’s paradise! We went into this “Vogt General Store”. The inside looks about like the outside! Just a narrow path to walk around the store. How they have any idea what all they have in there is beyond me… they probably don’t know!! LOL!

PickerParadise2

PickerParadiseCabin

There were several of these cabins behind the store. I wish I would have asked the history!

MohicanBridge1

The ride home was rainy but still scenic.
This is the longest covered foot bridge in Ohio over Clear Fork along the Mohican River. It’s 150 feet long. The river was very swollen and some at points way over the banks!

MohicanBridge2

ChimneyFire1

On the way home, we came across this Amish farm that had a chimney fire. Hmmm, how did they call the fire department?! I guess if they have a business, which this one does, they are allowed to have a phone outside of the house.

ChimneyFire

CollectingSap

They also had these bags collecting sap from the Maple trees for syrup. If you look closely, you can see what looks like water, that’s the sap.

*******************

Today, it’s back to the real world. Even just being gone 2 days I’ve got so much to catch up… as soon as I’m done here it’s out to do barn chores. And, on a side note… seeing all the Amish buggies really makes me want to get serious about training a llama or two to drive!

*******************

Here’s a quick card I did this morning for the sketch challenge on Splitcoast.

SC324 Adventure Birthday

African Veldt, Mark’s Finest Papers, colored with Copics. The frame is Spellbinders Labels 1 with a Sizzix embossing folder, then sponged with Distress inks. Cardstock is from MFP, DP is DCWV Photo Stack. Faux layering was done for the black layers… a sharpie marker and ruler!

*******************

Thanks for stopping!

Dawn

2 comments :

Jodi said...

WOW! Dawn these are amazing photos!! I love that you shared all of this, it really is so nice to see and those houses... really nice!
Hugs
Jodi=)

Lenoria said...

I love your pictures! It looks like a very peaceful place to visit.