Wednesday, February 23, 2011

How Do You See a Sketch?

SC321clsp

When I first saw the sketch on Splitcoast, I immediately saw one image split in four pieces!

SC321_by_SCSketches

So that’s what I’m sharing with you today, two totally different cards, but done the same way!

SC321 A Good Day

This is Greet The Day With Gerber from Mark’s Finest Papers. For this one, I cut my squares first, kept them together and stamped the image. It’s colored with Copics then lightly sponged around the edges with Vintage Photo. Then I layered the squares on the MFP cardstock and heavily distressed them.

stamps: greet the day with gerber- mark’s finest papers
ink: ranger black soot, vintage photo
paper: mark’s finest paper cardstock, basic grey indian summer
other: copics, distressing tool, ribbon-mfp, foam mounting tape, ink applicator-ranger

***********************

SC321 clsup

This next one is Our Daily Bread designs, Anchor.

SC321  Hope is an anchor

This one I stamped the image, colored, then cut it apart. I think the other way works a little better as I obviously didn’t cut evenly…sheesh! LOL
I love how it turned out though. A great guy card! We stampers tend to struggle with masculine cards don’t we!

stamps: anchor- our daily bread designs
ink: memento tuxedo black
paper: gp white, collectionz dp, hallos black
other: copics, sakura white gel pen, foam dimensionals

Thanks for stopping!

Dawn

5 comments :

Holly Young said...

Really beautiful cards Dawn.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Such a fun layout and they're both so gorgeous. Love how they are feminine & masculine but with the same sketch.

renee said...

beautiful as always..thanks for sharing your art.

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful, both of thewm. I really love the anchor card!!!!

Vikki Jo said...

Gorgeous! As soon as I saw your split flower I thought of Stiple Rose like that! Thank you for the inspiration!!