Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Sketch x Two…and Two More Christmas Cards Done!

sc305 blk

Fifty days left till Christmas and I’m how many cards behind??!! Confused smile 

Here are two cards from the sketch challenge on Splitcoast today, cards measure 4.25 x 4.25.

SC305 Peace and Joy

This is Peace & Joy, Snowflake Background and Snowflake Die from Our Daily Bread designs. I masked the sentiment with an oval then stamped the snowflakes. Adirondack Cranberry is the ink. I stamped the snowflake with Versamark then heat embossed silver ep. I also took the Versamark pad around the edges of the main layer, sprinkled sliver ep and heat embossed. DCWV Christmas Stack PP (from several years ago) and Bazzill Crabapple dark, with some Hollos generic thrown in.
I also put an oval mask on the envelope and stamped the Snowflake Background.

sc305 clsup

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

SC305 ChristmasPostageDue blk

My next card is a peek at a set coming from Mark’s Finest Papers, Christmas Postage Due. (release date Nov 9th)

SC305 Postage Due

It’s colored with Copics and sponged with Tea Dye and Vintage Photo Distress ink. There’s Spica Gold/Black glitter pen on his buttons , ascot, and epaulette. The embossed layer is a Cuttlebug border done twice, positive and negative.

SC305 ChristmasPostageDue clsup

Enjoy your day…and thanks for stopping!

Dawn

7 comments :

- dlm. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
- dlm. said...

What beautiful Christmas cards, Dawn! TFS!

Suzanne said...

I like the idea of making the card with the contrasting envelope..I like the ovals on the Splitcoast card #2..Do I get it? By the way, did I tell you I made all my cards last year for this year?

Traci S. said...

Hi Dawn~

I can't believe I missed the hop! I am in shock!

Your card is so beautiful. Wonderful how you masked the oval...such an elegant shape I think...and put snowflakes around it. I love how you carried the idea on to the envelope!

I also like that Glimpse of the toy soldier. How cute. You are such a talented artist, you can go from extreme elegance, to country, to kids, to Vintage...love that about you and your blog!

jkreucher said...

Oh! I am lovin the nutcracker image! great cards both! now get going~ only a hundred how many Christmas cards to finish! :)
Just teasing, I don't have many finished either!
hugs
Judy

Sassy Cheryl said...

Oh, I just love this. . . .and the stamp! That is so adorable!!!

Jeni said...

These are both gorgeous Dawn. That nutcracker stamp is awesome!!!! ~jeni :)