Monday, November 9, 2009

John 15:13

TLC246 Block

I hadn't planned on a blog post today or even much stamping as I've got a busy day ahead of me...but....

When I saw the challenge both on Splitcoast and Stampin Sisters in Christ, I knew I'd have to play!

The technique today was Paper Towel Flowers (basically wetting a paper towel with some kind of coloring medium, tearing and layering to look like a flower!) and the SSCC was to make a card with thoughts of our service men and women and send it to them through Operation Write Home... thinking of last weeks tragedy at Ft Hood.

Our Daily Bread's Friendship and God Bless America was the perfect choice for me.

TLC246 Lay Down His LifeI used Ranger Colorwash and reinkers to wet my paper towel, then spritzed with Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels.

To all our men and women to serve our country... Thank You!

Thanks for stopping,

Dawn 

6 comments :

peggysue said...

I'm so glad you chose to participate in our challenge for Sunday. That's one lovely card and what a statement that gorgeous flower makes. Nice touch with the star in the center, this will be a special card for one of our brave soldiers.

Candace said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love what you did with that flower and this is sure to bring cheer to a soldier. Thank you so much for playing along at SSCC this week! :)

Grace said...

A perfect card for the challenges Dawn! The SSC challenge this week is for such a good cause and you really did a great job with it! Love your paper towel flower too! This is really very special!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Gorgeous LM!! LOVE your paper towel flower! It's fabulous!!

theneon said...

Wow oh WoW -- those flowers do not indicate their lowly beginning -- you've used them to make a spectacular card with the perfect verse.

Anonymous said...

WOW Dawn this is gorgeous! I wrote down the directions from SCS the other day but I have not tried to make them yet. The intensity of the flower is stunning and the overall card is beautiful.