Monday, February 9, 2009

Crafty Secrets

I didn't think of this when I chose this set for my card today for the Technique Challenge on SCS. The challenge was to "Cut it out"...whether it be pattern paper, Cuttlebug embossed....using a pattern to cut around.
To a non stamper they might wonder just how we got what we got! LOL.. a "crafty" secret!
And that, my friends, is the name of the company that made the image I used today,
Crafty Secrets!


You can see here I used a Cuttlebug embossing edge and cut around the scallops.


Aren't these birds adorable! I love coloring birds!! They're probably not Bluebirds and I didn't get my bird book out to color them exactly like Bluebirds (yes, I keep a book in my stamp room so I can be precise!). Anyhoo, they're colored with Copic markers, then I took my daubers and using just the residue from previous sponging; sponged the edges and around the birds.

The pattern paper is Basicgrey which I lightly sponged with Distress Old Paper. The little tag is cut using Spellbinder's Large and Small Labels, sponged and on a jump ring attached to this plastic type ribbon I had in my stash.

The black layers are "fauxed" using my favorite save-paper-espically when you're running out-method....ruler and sharpie marker.

stamps: bird notes-crafty secrets
ink: adirondack pitch black-ranger, distress old paper-ranger
paper: georgia pacific white, basicgrey
other schtuff: copic markers, spellbinders lg/sm labels, daubers, crimper, ruler, sharpie marker, ribbon, cuttlebug/folder, martha stewart punch, foam mounting tape, jump ring, scissors

Thanks for stopping!

2 comments :

Joan Ervin said...

Beautiful, Dawn....I love the CS birds and the gorgeous scallops!!! Hummmm, they look like bluebirds to me...heeheehee!!!

Anonymous said...

Dawn, Your coloring on the bluebirds is absolutely beautiful!!
Love the finished card.

smallcity

I got the icons :)