Friday, December 28, 2007

Want To Get Organized?

I was given a Wal Mart gift card for Christmas and had no clue just what I was going to get with it! I figured I'd hold on to it and some day I'd see something I couldn't live without...lol
I had to stop in today to check on an item (which they didn't have) and on my way to the grocery section I detoured through the craft department!

Now, normally I don't get too enthused over that section, but these caught my eye! Ribbon Organizers!


So, I got 5 of them! Cleaned the shelf!

When I got home I set to putting them in order. This is what my ribbon storage consisted of before... 2 of these baskets (rescued from an old 3 tier cart) with dowels stuck through. And what did I find out in doing this? That I have WAY more ribbon than would fit in these boxes!!

I also discovered unless all your spools are thin, the boxes won't hold as many. I had to remove some of the dividers, but I was able to slide some of the smaller ribbon spools in with the larger ones. I still had to use my ol' basket/dowel storage for 2 long rows of ribbon, and, um...2 small baskets still have some spools too. Next trip to Wal Mart hopefully will find the shelf restocked and I'll pick up a couple more *wink*

Tomorrow I'll hang another ink storage and shelf. Slowly, I'm getting there...slowly.

4 comments :

Etha said...

Oh wow those look good! I'll hafta check my local wallyworld and see if they have those. My ribbon is pretty out of control as well but I don't have the generous amounts that you are storing ;)

Sharon in NE said...

I want them! Thanks for sharing this!

Anonymous said...

Oh my... I'm drooling over all your goodies!

jogrybali said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful room. Can I have an address where I can buy these ribbon organisers boxes. I live in Bali, and there are no craftshops as we know them here.
Thanks,
Jogry/bali