Tuesday, September 25, 2007

End Of Summer




I was talking with a friend last night, somewhat new to stamping, and was telling her about the Thomas Kinkade stamps at . She'd never seen them, so what better way than to make her a card!

I colored the image with prismacolor pencils blending with baby oil, hoping to acheive a late summer-early fall look. 3 coats of UTEE for the cracked glass, which of course makes it hard to get a picture because of the glare!

The background is the new Wood grain backgrounder from CHF, stamped in both directions and sponged with Tim Holtz distress inks, old photo and walnut stain.

3 comments :

Mary said...

This card is gorgeous. I have got to get a Kinkade stamp.You did get the late summer early fall effect. Love it.


Mary

Sharon in NE said...

YOU'VE got talent all over the place. I LOVE your work.

Traci S. said...

OH, Dawn~

I don't recall ever seeing this card. It is absolutely wonderful and beautiful. I love the way you colored this card. It is something amazing to see.

He IS Able,
Traci S.