Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Birthday Surprise!

SurpriseBox2-MaryBlk2

Don’t you love getting a surprise in the mail?! I needed a birthday card for a special friend’s birthday this week, so I decided to make it a little more fun and special for her!

You can right click on a picture to bring it up larger in another window for your viewing pleasure.

SurpriseBox2-MaryWM

This Surprise Box die from Our Daily Bread Designs makes it super easy to custom design that special card! I also used Cakes & Candles, Balloons & Streamers, Bitty Borders, Celebrate & Wish, Mini Stitched Hearts, Mini Tags & Labels, Sending My Love, and the paper is from the Shabby Rose Collection.

SurpriseBox2-MaryWM2

The cake die is two pieces. For the back layer, I colored a piece of cardstock with a marker close in color to the designer paper, adding yellow for the candle flame, then cut with the die. The ‘decorated’ cake is cut from the designer paper, then while still in the die I used a marker and gel pen to highlight the ‘piping’.

SurpriseBox2-MaryBlk

The streamers are also from the DP. The word is also cut from a piece of marker colored cardstock.

I think the added tulle gives it the finished, feminine touch!

For my cute little tags, I inked up one word at a time and stamped for the greeting. Ranger’s Victorian Velvet Distress ink matches perfectly!

And it all folds up nicely to fit into an envelope!

SurpriseBox2-Mary-HB

If you pop into the ODBD blog tomorrow you’ll see many different ways to use these fun dies!! The Breadsticks are so creative!

Thanks for stopping by!

Dawn

2 comments :

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Oh Dawn this is gorgeous! And I swear we must be twinsies! You added tulle to your box too!!! I bet your friend loved this!

Debbi said...

This is amazing! I saw your box online and promptly put the items you used into my shopping cart. Thank you for sharing all your details!!