Saturday, September 6, 2014

Teach Me, O Lord and Warm Quilts….

On my morning walk I pass this woods, occasionally I hit the right time when the sun is sifting through the trees. Of course I don’t walk with my good camera, but I did have my phone! I decided to do more of a vintage look although the natural colors made a pretty picture too!

And warm quilts?

A friend that is a quilter had surgery yesterday, hoping this will help cheer her!

This is ODBD Quilts set, colored with Copics and a little white gel pen. The stitched background paper (yes, I actually sewed!!) is from Soulful Stitches Collection as is the sentiment, cut from the center of the piece with Antique Labels and Border die. I embossed the solid piece from the Doily die for some texture, kinda ‘quilty’ don’t you think?!

The buttons from the set are hand cut.

Thanks for stopping by!

Dawn

1 comments :

MariLynn said...

Love your photograph. Reminds me that good photos aren't made because we have the most expensive of cameras, they are made because the "artist" sees something worth capturing.