Saturday, February 22, 2014

We Had a Break….but it’s Gonna Get Cold Again…and an ODBD Sneak Peek!

West1

Many of you may have seen my sad barn news on Facebook this week… but for those who didn’t, my all time favorite sunset scene is no more!

9-13-Barn1

We had a glimpse of warmer temps this week but a cold front moved in Thursday night late. Warm and Cold don’t play nicely together… they make bad winds and tornados! It was over quickly, just a few minutes…but it was enough to destroy several trees here at our house and totally flatten a neighbor’s barn and another outbuilding!

1

2

4

Thankfully our neighbor’s house wasn’t touched!

Sunsets just won’t be the same!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Won’t be long and we’ll be complaining about the heat instead of the cold! LOL!

Now… onto a cheerier note

I’m getting to share a sneak peek of some new goodies coming March 1 from
Our Daily Bread designs!!

Our Daily Bread designs

The Inspiration Challenge today on Splitcoast is a very interesting one and such a talented lady that inspired this card! Here is her blog, Wee Folk Studio, have fun looking around!

This particular post, My Garden, was my inspiration, although I loved so many!!

This is Daisy Chain Background Die, Hummingbird stamp with matching die, Zinnia with matching die (comes with leaves, bee and ladybugs!).

Our Daily Bread designs

Since Sally adds so much dimension to her projects, I wanted to do the same to my card! I stamped and colored the Zinnia 3 times, die cut one and hand cut the other 2. I also cut into each flower petal and lifted the edges then popped them all up. The leaves were sponged while in the die then I sponged a little around the edges after removing. The bee was stamped and die cut 2 times for dimension too!

Our Daily Bread designs

I hope I’ve inspired you to maybe go take some pictures in your favorite spot… you never know when you won’t be able to again!

And don’t forget to pop in March 1 for this fabulous release!!

Enjoy your weekend!!

Thanks for stopping!!!

Dawn

4 comments :

Pat said...

Oh Dawn...so sorry to hear about the barn! I've always loved the photos you've posted of it! Your photos...like your cards...are stunning! Love this card...so pretty!! Hugs. Pat

Becky said...

OH Dawn, I am so sorry to hear of your barn, but so glad God kept you and your family safe.
Your card is just gorgeous.

Barbara said...

So sorry to hear about the tornado damage and about your beloved sunset view, but happy that no one was hurt. Your photo's told the story well. Your card is lovely and the colors you used reminded me of the colors in your barn sunset above.

Ann English said...

So sorry about the loss of the beautiful old barn, but so grateful no one was hurt. Your photos are stunning.