Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Fond Memories…

Happy Spring, Our Daily Bread designs

For a long time friend who lost his dear, sweet wife yesterday. It’s never easy, even when expected, but we can take comfort knowing she’s rejoicing with the saints on the other side… absent from the body, present with the Lord!

This is Happy Spring, kind of an oxymoron for a sympathy card! And the embossing folder… the last memory I have of Margaret, sitting under our big tree, laughing at some funny story or remark she’d made… she was fun!

Happy Spring, Our Daily Bread designs

I stamped off the Pussy Willows twice before stamping on the circle, then colored with Copics. It’s layered on Spellbinders Lacey Circles.

Before adding the circles, I put all my layers together, not including the base… and ran through my Cuttlebug with Darice folder, Leafy Tree.

NOWif I were going to do it over… I might have tried doing separate layers then fitting together because all those layers are WAY too thick to fit comfortably in the CB!! I didn’t force it.. I stopped when it got too thick, pulled it out and switched to my C plate alone, ran it through the thick part, then switched back to my B plates, flipped the layers and just embossed the bottom of the tree trunk to where it started getting thick again!
Clear as mud? lol!!

Happy Spring, Our Daily Bread designs

Thanks for stopping…and I hope
I’ve inspired you to try something different today!

Dawn

1 comments :

Judy said...

This is beautiful, and what a great scripture!

xo