Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Thinking of YOU!… #149 A Sassy Challenge

Sassy Cheryl's, A Penny for Your Thoughts

It’s my turn to host the Sassy Challenge this week Open-mouthed smile
I’m always needing a Thinking of You card, so that’s your challenge! Use any Sassy Cheryl’s image and you could be a winner for 2 free images!!

Before I show you my card, I’m excited to share Cheryl’s latest adventure… her art journaling blog, Illustrated by Cheryl. Here you can find what her creative mind is working on… too fun! Winking smile
And she also has videos to help you color these fun images!!! Even MORE fun!! Open-mouthed smile

And…. you can leave her comments with your suggestions for images  you’d like to see! I’m telling you, the fun never ends!!!

Sassy Cheryl's, A Penny for Your Thoughts

I have a friend that is going through some serious health issues right now… I’m sending her this, A Penny for Your Thoughts. Sally and Bella are too cute! Hoping this brightens my friend’s day!
Sassy Cheryl's, A Penny for Your Thoughts

Colored with Copics, clouds and grass are Memory Box Dies.

After coloring, I used a craft knife to cut just around the image, then sponged the sky with Faded Jeans Distress ink.

Sassy Cheryl's, A Penny for Your Thoughts

I slid the grass behind and glued in place, then popped up Sally and Bella when I layered onto the base.

Sassy Cheryl's, A Penny for Your Thoughts

For more sassy inspiration, check out the rest of the team!

Cathy Edgar ~ Ann English
Judy Kreucher ~ Pat Frank
Jackie Mooney

Thanks for stopping!

Dawn

9 comments :

Pat said...

Hey there, Sassy Lady!! Great challenge theme this week!! I love the way you did the grass and clouds onm your card! You are clever clever clever!! What a perfect "thinking of you" card! Hugs. Pat

Cynthia said...

This is precious, Dawn! Thanks for the tip on partially cutting the image.

Sassy Cheryl said...

Your friend is just going to LOVE this Dawn. It's just stunning. Love the little red shorts! :) They look so content in that little patch of grass. . .and did I mention how much I love the clouds?! Yep. . . .gorgeous.

jkreucher said...

Awesome in every way mz. Dawn!
hugs
Judy

Cathy said...

Dawn, love the theme, love your coloring and the way you layered the elements of your card, always perfect. So funny we all, well almost all of us, chose the same image :) Perfect as always GF!!!Your friend will love it.

fairysparkle said...

This is gorgeous and really gives the feeling of being out in the open .Im so sorry your friend is suffering but i know she is blessed to have a lovey friend like you, and she will adore your card x

Cards By Jan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cards By Jan said...

Oh Dawn..this is so cute and adorable, and love the way you did your grass...I know your friend will love this!!
Hugs

Sue said...

Super cute image, and color work is perfection! Love how you tucked the grass behind them, so clever!

Hugs
Sue