Tuesday, September 18, 2012

This Is Just To Die For! #133… A Sassy Challenge!

Sassy Cheryl's Sassy Sally

Are you ready for another Sassy Challenge? This was a fun one, if I do say so myself…

Using Dies!

I’m the challenge hostess again this week and you know how much I love my dies! One or a handful… doesn’t matter!

Sassy Cheryl's Sassy Sally

There’s a real chill in the air this week, feeling really Fallish, plus I just got this new Spellbinders Fall Foliage and hadn’t even opened it yet! They just seemed to go hand in hand with Sassy Sally and Her Autumn Leaves!

This is my absolute favorite time of year, the colors, the crunch of the leaves as you walk along… dressing in layers, the crispness and aroma in the air… I could go on…………………… you get the picture!

So, I colored Sally with Copics, sponged some clouds with my homemade cloud template and cut her out using Spellbinders Labels 17, which I edged with a Copic to match her clothes.

The leaves are a combination of  Glimmer Mist {yellow daisy, honey dew, copper, starfish} and Distress inks {stormy sky, spiced marmalade, bundled sage}

Sassy Cheryl's Sassy Sally

#133-leaves

The dp is DCWV Amber Autumn, the sentiment is ODBD Be Joyful.

This is also the sketch this week on OWH

Sassy Cheryl's Sassy Sally

For more “Die” fun, see what the other girls did!

Cathy Edgar ~ Ann English
Judy Kreucher
Jackie Mooney ~ Jeni Tidwell

Thanks for stopping!

Dawn

14 comments :

Oak Pond SC said...

Dawn this is absolutely beautiful. I'm not a fan of fall but you're starting to change my mind with this card. Your leaves are splendid. Gorgeous, rich colors. Hugs and Happy Crafting
<3-Kim

Jana said...

So pretty. When I saw it I thought wow, she put real leaves on her card! :-) They look so realistic!

Unknown said...

Sooo adorable! I am now a FAN!!!

Donna Hanley said...

Oh I want to go outside and make a pile of leaves and jump into it. LOL. Great card, Dawn. Thanks for sharing.

Cynthia said...

This is a fabulous Fall card, Dawn. I love the effect of your leaves. They look so real! Yes, we have fresh snow on the mountains here in Anchorage. Luckily, we are staying above freezing temps though!

JACKIE M said...

Dawn your card is perfect for the time of year and your leaves sound good enough to eat lol

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Dawn your card is gorgeous. I'm another one who thought you used real or silk leaves. Amazing coloring to get them so lifelike. Love the dp too.

Linda said...

Stunning card! Nuff said!

Colleen said...

Beautiful card

Sandy said...

Your card is gorgeous and I love those leaves. She is so very cut. I love it!!
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Dawn - Fabulous colouring as always! The leaves are a work of art!

-Also Dawn.

A Consuming Passion said...

Great image, Gorgeous colouring and love, love, love the die cut leaves!!!!

jkreucher said...

I'm a LOT slow on my commenting this week!
I love your sweet card Dawn.. and as always, your coloring rocks!
hugs to ya
Judy

Jeni said...

Dawn, I don't know what I like better...the sky or the leaves. The sentiment is pretty darn cute too!! Fabulous Fall card Sassy friend. ~jeni :)