Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Fruits of Our Labor… Thankful! A Card, A Picture and Wordart!

GabrielSunflowers

I don’t know about your garden, but ours wasn’t the best this year….what with the drought, the storm… the WEEDS {I don’t think anything hinders their growth!!}, I’m thankful for what we did harvest and are still doing so!

Once again I didn’t get any sunflowers planted, these were planted by my grandson next door, at the end of their garden.

So far I’ve been able to make lots of fresh salsa…YUM!… can jalapenos, pepper jelly, spaghetti sauce and looking to do more this next week! Oh, to capture the aroma to share!! The house smells sooooo good!!

Jalapeno clsup

JalapenoCombo

purple peppers

Romas

Is your mouth watering??!!

pepper jelly

pickledjalapenos

MMMMMMMMM!!

In fact I need to head out to the garden to pick tomatoes and jalapenos for more salsa!! I’ll think of you *wink*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

OurDailyBreaddesigns, Lilac, Be Joyful

A simple, yet “looks like you took some time” card!
ODBD Lilac and Be Joyful along with Sizzix Birds and Branches embossing folder. I used Colorbox Chalk French Blue on the negative side of the folder then embossed my cardstock. French Blue and Distress Milled Lavender on the Lilacs….mmmm, I love Lilacs!! Also used Becca’s Peg Bow Maker, so handy!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The other evening while driving home, Timothy snapped a few pictures with his cell phone, no less, of a beautiful sunset and approaching storm! I added some wordart to this one… I love it!! Still have a couple more to play with and STILL have pictures from Michigan to add WA! I NEED more hours in a day!! LOL!!

StormColorSunsetSky

This is about a half mile down the road from our house.

Well, hope your day is wonderful! I have spinning guild today then a grandson birthday party (the sunflower planter!)

Thanks for stopping!

Dawn

2 comments :

Karen said...

Dawn that is beautiful.
Hugs,
Karen.xxx

Sherry said...

beautiful card!! and it looks like you are getting a good yeild from your garden. My husband watered our garden a lot this summer and our tomato plants are like 6' tall, lol, taller than me!!