Monday, June 18, 2012

I Am Confident…A Kitchen…and Some Senior Moments!

TLC382 blk

Such a wise, Godly man Abraham Lincoln was!

I made this card today for several reasons, to send to a friend who needs a lift and for the Technique Challenge on Splitcoast, Dryer Sheet Flowers.

Ok, now on to my card… {remember, right clicking on a picture will bring it up larger in another window for your viewing pleasure}

TLC382 Confident

The quote is from ODBD Quote Collections I. Stamped, cut out with Spellbinders Floral Ovals and sponged with Distress ink while still in the die.

Here is how I did the flower… I didn’t have a dryer sheet so I used a coffee filter.

TLC382 dies

Spellbinders Blossom 3

TLC382 2

Then I crumpled them up

TLC382 3

Uncrumpled, but didn’t smooth out, and lightly touched with Worn Lipstick

TLC382 4

Spritzed with some water…this allows the Distress ink to bleed

TLC382 5

After my  flowers were dry, I applied Flower Soft glue around the edges and dipped into Flower Soft Glitter Frosting… and set aside to dry.

TLC382 flower

Once dry and nestled together, I lightly crumpled the flower again.

TLC382 clsup

I added a few die cut butterflies from Die Cut Diemensions Butterflies by Flower Soft, and Spring Border die cut from Memory Box.

I trust this brings some some comfort to my friend.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hey, if you didn’t get a chance to see my new, improved kitchen… see this post. Can you tell I’m excited about it?!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Every year at church we have a “Talent Show”. We have quite a few home-schooled kids so it gives them a chance to perform in front of an audience, but it’s not limited to ‘young kids’… even some older ones join in too!

In this video are 2 of my big kids and a friend. Unfortunately, they can’t be seen close enough, but Jared has a ‘bald’ cap with tufts of grey llama hair glued on, Timothy has grey llama hair tucked under his cap, and Daniel has an awesome mustache (Sam Elliot style)…from the same grey llama hair! They went to Salvation Army clothes shopping (really funny if you could totally see them!) and all have name tags pinned to their shirts.

Turn up your speakers and …      
Enjoy!!

Thanks for stopping!

Dawn 

0 comments :