Monday, December 5, 2011

Raindrops on Roses….

Ugh…it’s a rainy day here! You know I’d much rather see snow!! It is in the forecast though…yippee!

tlc354 blk

A couple of cards to share today. I made my goal of getting the cards done I needed for the weekend, over 60! Now it’s just a few stragglers here and there to mail out and I’m done! I’m even 99% done with my Christmas shopping!! Woohoo!!

This card was for the Technique (using buttons) and the CAS… clean and simple (using twine) on Splitcoast.

tlc354

I used Our Daily Bread designs Peace & Joy with matching snowflake die and Holiday Ornaments 2 for the verse. The snowflake is embossed with holographic embossing powder.
I found this old button in the bottom of my button can and thought it looked like snowflakes.
The embossing folder is Stampin’ Up

TLC354 Snowflake Button

And the second card…

MC

Although it looks involved, it was really quite quick and simple to throw together!

A combo of Holiday Ornaments 1 & 2 stamped in Adirondack Aqua, Spellbinders dies, Cheery Lynn die, a couple Martha punches and the snowflake embossing folder again. I used silver embroidery floss to hang the ornaments and silver elastic cording (saved from a random box!) for the bow.

MC blk

MC side

Hope I’ve inspired you to give one of these a try! Stay warm and toasty where ever you may be!!

Thanks for stopping!

Dawn

3 comments :

jkreucher said...

OH My Gosh! these are so lacy, frosty and oh so Elegant!
I am down to making cards with punches and dies... running out of time to do a lot of coloring! how did that happen??
These are works of art gf! WOW!
hugs
Judy

krcmasterpiece said...

Love your cards. Very nice!

- dlm. said...

Oh.My.Goodness! These are absolutely gorgeous! I love white Christmas card...and I love the pop of colour that the Aqua provides on your second card. TFS your works of art with us!