Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Wool Gathering on a Beautiful Day, and Meeting Up With Some Stamping Friends Too!

This event, A Wool Gathering, has grown by leaps and bounds since I first started going some 10-12 years ago… from one dinky tent to 3 huge ones, a regular size and lots of vendors set up outside! Any thing fiber related you can imagine!

Annie

The last few years I’ve been with the “Animal” tent where people can get a hands-on feel of different fibers and what animal it comes from. This year Annie and Fusion went along. Annie was a big hit because of her spots…although I did one little kid run in and say… LOOK, A GIRAFFE!!!

AnnieFusion

It was a gorgeous day that brought a huge crowd. If you’re anywhere near the area, it still goes thru tomorrow, Sunday. Lots for the whole family  to enjoy if you go to Young’s Dairy or restaurant afterwards too!

My stampin’ buds from Miamisburg came along with their families. Karen and her daughter-in-law, Jenna!

KarenJenna

Then… I knew my ODBD DT pal, Angie and her hubby, Tom were coming from Indiana…what I didn’t know was that she had talked to Kelley who, along with her husband, Rick, planned to come too!

KellFusion

KellAnnie

KellAng1

KellAng2

It was a never-ending stream of people!

Then…. Monsi and her family came! Monsi is one of my oldest stamping friends from when I was a newbie!

MonsiMaryMargaret

We even took some llamas down to her house for a birthday party…. back when her kids were much smaller! My, how they’ve grown!!

So, that was my day today. I got some much needed spinning done, enjoyed talking llamas and the company of good friends!

Thanks for stopping!

Dawn

4 comments :

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Beautiful pics. The wool gathering sounds like fun. (Is there any crafty thing you don't do?) ;o)

renee said...

your an amazing woman!

Marilyn said...

How cute is that Annie in the BG! I believe she is somewhat of a ham! Hee Hee Love seeing your beautiful friends and Llamas!

Joanne (jojot) said...

How cool for you...first to be at a fiber event with your llamas, and secondly, to meet so many SCS/stamp friends......