Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Sneak Peek… and a Fun Project Too

ThankYou card combo

Our Daily Bread designs has some wonderful sets coming June 1st! This is Serve The Lord, Crocheted Lace Background, Crocheted Circle Die and Crocheted Border Die.

It’s my turn this week to do the “Time With” post on the ODBD blog. Here I have a “Post-it” Note holder with custom made sticky notes and card. Sit back and get inspired to make oneWinking smile

For my cover, I stamped the crocheted circle from Serve The Lord two times. I colored the California Poppies with Copics, then using a Spellbinders Circle die cut out the circle, then trimmed closer with scissors. These I layered and popped up with foam dimensionals on more circles as shown. You'll need another circle for your back side also.

ThankYou holder

Here's how I did the custom sticky notes to match

ThankYou card postit die

Starting with 5-6 sticky notes at a time (any more than that and the die won't cut through), the Crocheted Circle Die, and your machine of choice (I used a Cuttlebug) cut a stack of "Post-its", sticking them together as you cut them.

ThankYou card postit scor

This is my piece that will hold the front and back together and allow space for the notes inside. Score 1/4" either side of the middle. (I used my Scor-buddy, always at my side!)

ThankYou card postit tape

I applied Scor-Tape and adhered to the inside front and back then placed the sticky notes inside.

ThankYou card postit open

ThankYou card postit side

For the card, I stamped the Crocheted Lace Background and "faux layered" it...meaning I took a black Sharpie marker and ruler around the edges. This saves on cardstock and bulk!

ThankYou card

I stamped the crocheted circle twice and again colored with Copics. I also cut the circle using the Spellbinders circle die and trimmed closely with scissors.

The Crocheted Border Die matches the image that is part of the Serve The Lord set...so pretty! I stamped it twice, die cut and put them back to back. I also just used the die to make some black trim to layer behind.

The sentiment is also from this set and is cut with Spellbinders Grommet Tags. I custom colored the brads with a Copic to match my Poppies.

ThankYou card clsup

I hope you’ve enjoyed this and been inspired to try it too!

Thanks for stopping!!

Dawn

6 comments :

Dina Kowal Creative said...

Oh my goodness, Dawn, I love what you've done with the new stamps! I am sooooo jealous that you have them before I do... I told you already I was homesick when I drew the poppies, and seeing yours just really touched my heart. And the dies are just gorgeous!! Can't wait to have them in my hands and play. Thanks for letting me design vicariously through you! Hugs, my friend.........

Beate said...

Wow! Dawn, this is stunning!
Hugs and smiles

Lydia Fiedler said...

Wowza this is incredible!!!

Teresa Kline said...

this is amazing...I luv the idea Dawn...gorgeous images too....have a great evening!

enjoy *~*

Heather Huggins said...

Wow this is gorgeous..

Sherry Kushibab said...

I'm a little behind in viewing but this is a brilliant idea....have done many of the post it notes holders but you take it over the top when you use this die.....will be buying it this weekend and looking forward to making some sweet little gifts for friends. TFS