Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Just Some Odds and Ends

SSC17 Caitlin blk

Christmas cards

&  gifts

I'm almost done with my cards...are you? The last of them will be sent out this week (a tad late for my liking, but oh well!). Don't ask about being done with gifts!

This one was done for the Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge, to BLING it up!

SSC17 Caitlin closeup and bling it up I did! It has sparkly paper, SEI Gold and Tisnov Foil Paper, Prism Cyrogen white, rhinestones... AND... Pearl Glimmer Mist!

SSC17 For Caitlin Our Daily Bread designs Luke 2:11 is stamped in Adirondack Red Pepper. Spellbinder's Labels 9 for the frame, and Create a Flake 1.

Winter Borders Cuttlebug embossing folder was used a the bottom. It's going to Germany...Merry Christmas Caitlin.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This one, at the suggestion of a friend, just silver, black, elegant!

Silver Snow The silver cardstock I got from Hollo's a long time ago, it's wonderful for embossing! I used the Winter Borders again. Spellbinder's Contemporary Hearts Pendant out of more Hollo's black cardstock and Our Daily Bread designs Peace & Joy snowflakes stamped, embossed with silver, cut with a craft knife and popped up on top!

Silver Snow inside

The inside...more dry embossing. And I wish I'd used my stamp positioner for Merry Christmas!

Grrrr, hate when that happens!

ODB Peace & Joy and Christmas Verses.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Then I was at Hobby Lobby the other day and saw this glass jar. It just called to be etched with snowflakes!

EtchedSnowflakeCandyJar closeup I used the acrylic sheet that comes with the unmounted stamps as my "block" to stamp these snowflakes with Versamark onto the glass, sprinkled clear embossing powder over and heat set. (using the piece of acrylic helped to hold the stamp while pressing it against the curved shape of the jar)

Then using Amour Etching Cream, I painted the jar...left it on for about 10 minutes and washed it off.

EtchedSnowflakeCandyJar

And this from the dollar store....
This is what it looks like before etching.

EtchedSnowflakesCandle before and after

EtchedSnowflakesCandle

Thanks for letting me share these with you...stay safe and warm.

Dawn

5 comments :

- dlm. said...

Oh Dawn, your projects are so beautiful. I love what you have been creating with ODB stamps. Your cards are lovely and the glass embossing is gorgeous! Your work is inspiring.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Oh my! You have been so busy making beauty! I love all the details of these; the first with that lovely frame around Luke 2:11; and the metallic embossing. So NICE! The black & white. Ahhhhhhhh! That is some intricate snowflake; looks like it was made of metal! And glass. You're tOo cool for SchoOL!!! :-D OXO

stampqueen said...

I love the glass etching!!!!! I am sooo addicted to it myself. Love the black and white card too!!!

Kelley said...

Awesome projects! Love them..great gift ideas!

Anonymous said...

Bling, Bling, and more Bling!!!! Beautifully done, Dawn. You are an awesome artist.

Thanks for sharing with us at SSCC.