Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Angels Landing Gift Theme

Dec2 Polar Cocoa blk

The Angels Landing DT challenge today is gift giving....gift bags, totes, pouches, or envelopes. Be sure to see what the other DT did.

Dec2 Polar Cocoa Pouch I made an envelope pouch out of a business size envelope. I cut the envelope at 6 inches, and ran it through the Cuttlebug with a snowflake folder. The layers are a Top Note die cut out of DCWV Winter stack then I used it as a template to cut the Prism Blush Red light layer. The purple layer is embossed with another snowflake folder and cut with Spellbinders Labels 9.

For the top, I cut the remaining piece to 1 1/2 inches, and using my white Elmer's Painty pen, painted the edges so the band would stand out. The band is the remaining piece, punched with the MS Snowflake border punch and embossed with Winter Borders.

These cute bears are from the new set, Polar Bear Cubs, colored with Copics. Then I carefully cut them apart so I could pop each of the sitting bears.

Dec2 Polar Cocoa closeup I left part of the pom-pom on the standing bear's paw so when it was popped up it would give it more dimension.

Dec2 Polar Cocoa Pouch open Open, it holds a packet of cocoa or anything that size that you'd like to tuck inside! I think I'll give this to our mail carrier.

Thanks for stopping!

Dawn

6 comments :

Lynn McAuley said...

Awesome embossing and breath-taking colors on this sensational envelope pouch, Dawn!! These precious bears have never looked cuter!!

csroyal said...

This totally rocks, Dawn!! Everything about it... colors, imaging, coloring, contents!

Maria said...

I really love the colors that you used for your envelope project. Such pretty colors! Beautiful job coloring the images. . .you did wonderful with this week's AL project!!

Maria

Anita said...

This so beautiful.

Judi M said...

All the embossing looks wonderful on this, Dawn. You sure are a master trimmer -- the bears are adorable popped up that way. Great idea to use a business size envelope.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Sooooooooooooh supah sweet. How on earth do you cut so closely? WOWzers! And the colouring--pure perfection. I really wanna get printing these sweet bears. I need to make a card with the sweetie & his 'ear flap' hat for my aunt Jud in the Yukon (the one who knits hats with the dog wool she spins) :o) Thanks for more stunning inspiration Dahlink!