Friday, October 9, 2009

The Colors of Autumn

Oct9FallColorBerries crp

I’ve become a COPYCAT! I admit it… sheesh, you think I was smart enough to come up with this on my own?! The little snippet of card, like a banner at the top of a post…I saw it on my friend and fellow team member, Broni’s blog. *APPLAUSE*

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Today, October 9th…my baby is EIGHTEEN years old!!!
Happy Birthday Jared!!!
You’re a great kid…uh…young Man!
God Bless You

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Our Angels Landing challenge this week was to use FALL colors. Easy for me right? My FAVORITE time of year!!

I chose to use one of the Circle Birds from Autumn Tweetings. As the name indicates, the bird is in a circle, but I had to play a little in Photoshop!

Oct9FallColorBerries I elongated it, stretching it till I got what I thought looked like a good size…lol

Lucky me, it was perfect to fit the Spellbinders scalloped oval!

It’s all colored with Copics. The patterned paper is from the Green Stack, DCWV recycled paper. The gold papers are Prism and the grey-green fence and layer are colored with a Copic to match the leaves.
The ribbon is Basicgrey…and I just love that dimple punch for the corners!

Lots of cutting with my craft knife, but I think it turned out really cute!

Enjoy your day
…………..and…………..

Thanks for stopping!

Dawn

15 comments :

Broni said...

Gorgeous coloring, Dawn, and what a beautiful card this is!! Your hand must've hurt after all that cutting!!

Judi M said...

Dawn, I figured you would have had to try printing this elongated circle image multiple times to get it to fit that scalloped oval die. You've got quite an eye for proportion, getting it right on your first attempt. Your cutting is so intricate and precise. Beautiful.

Anita said...

Wow! This is amazing!

Lauri said...

This is amazing and stunning!!!! What patience and steady hands you have! It is beautiful!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is stunning. Everything works so well together. Perfectly executed, too.

Davi said...

Hi Dawn, First I love your card it wonderful!! Second your blog is awesome the wonderful colors and and prints are so inspiring, I see it fits your great designs!! As I scanned it I see you spin. My mom and I bought my sister a spinning wheel but it ended up the people had lost the instructions and I wondered if some day you might would consider helping her thru email sometime?

Tosha Leyendekker said...

This is gorgeous Dawn!! Your coloring is fabulous!! WOW!

Jerri Kay said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Dawn, I love it! A beautifully colored bird and berries, a wonderful Fall card.

Lynn McAuley said...

What beautiful work you have done with this wonderful image, Dawn! Awesome cutting!! Sensational!

Pattyjo said...

I understand...my baby is 35...and I still feel that way.
Pattyjo

Ida said...

Jaw Dropping Gorgeous!

Julia Aston said...

This is beautiful Dawn! love the deep colors - the cut out bird - and the layered punches - gorgeous - and HB to your son!

- dlm. said...

All I can say is "wow!" What a beautiful card you've created.

deb mills said...

wow dawn, i love this! gorgeous rich colors!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Ahhhhhh! LOVE the colouring. That birdy looks real. You are such an artist!