Monday, February 16, 2009

Just Painting Around....

An interesting title and an even more interesting reason for it!


Today is my Monday challenge with some friends, CCEE, on SCS, it's our CNFS challenge (Catchy Name Featured Stamper) ... we pick someone who has a catchy user name on SCS and then we create our card around that name and send our cards to them.


This week it was Tosh's turn to select the person whose name we were going to use and she selected Michelle aka JustPaintingAround. Tosh told us that Michelle has a spotlighting style that she loved, so for our card we had to use the spotlighting technique. Let me tell you, Michelle really has a very unique style and I love it! She's a very talented person!!


I've done spotlighting before, but never the way Michelle does it! Will I do it again? Darn tootin!
I started with one piece of cardstock doing the entire scene. "Megan" from Whipper Snapper is colored with Copics. The purple flowers and grass are from the set "Ground Cover" from CHF. I drew the red flowers to match Megan's. The flowers are also colored with Copics and the grass is Prismacolor pencils blended with baby oil. The sky is using my cloud template and distress ink.

Then using my Nestabilities I cut out Megan, cut a mat and layered her back over the scene!

recipe:
stamps: Megan-Whipper Snapper, ground cover-Cornish Heritage Farms
paper: georgia pacific white, prism blush red dark
ink: adirondack pitch black, distress broken china-ranger
other: copic markers, prismacolor pencils, baby oil, blending stumps, spellbinders nestabilities, distress stickles-ranger, button-jesse james & co, ribbon, dauber, cloud template, slot punch, white gel pen

To see what the other girls did you can go to our blog.

Thanks for stopping!


1 comments :

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Yes, Yes, you've totally captured my style here! I love how you added the ribbon - ribbon is a challenge for me but this is a great way to add it. Thank you also for your kind words!