Tuesday, January 20, 2009

To A Cat...



this would be the ultimate Valentine's Day card!! *grin*



The 20th of each month, the Dirty Dozen Alumni host a challenge. Last month I was just too overwhelmed with my first month being on the team! This month however I've got it under control.........easy peasy *wink* Here are the guidelines for this month.


  • Challenge Focus: A Valentine's Day/Love-y Dove-y card


  • Required Element: Texture!! Anything you can *feel* (ie: Fun Flock, Crystal Effects, Embossing/Debossing, velvet ribbon...


  • Restricted Element: No RED!! Pink is ok...but no red...let's see what other colors we can use for Valentine's Day!

Guess it's my silly sense of humor, but I picked the cute cat so proud of his present, from Whipper Snapper. It's colored with Copic markers, masked and airbrushed. I tried a trick on the cat I learned from BC Sherrie on her blog using blending solution.

The card is a "Z" fold...basically, fold the card like normal then fold back the front. I used a small circle punch for the corners. I think there is plenty of texture going on here don't you?!! The black layer is "fauxed" by taking my black Copic marker around the edges of white cardstock.



supplies:
stamps:
Just For You Cat by Whipper Snapper
ink: Black Soot Distress by Ranger
paper: Georgia Pacific white, Prism Island Mist med, Sunflowers lt
other schtuff: Copic markers, Copic ABS, Blending solution, circle punch, Cuttlebug/embossing folder, Spellbinders Large/Small Labels, twine, foam dimensionals




Thanks for stopping!


2 comments :

stampqueen said...

Such a cute cat - being city kids these days my cats are indoor kittys - but one of them 'hunts' small stuffed animals (a green and yellow turtle is his fav - he finds it no matter my DS hides it).
great card - love the colored paws and tail!!!

Starla said...

hehe....cute card!