Monday, November 10, 2008

Using a Coaster...

On Splitcoast a group of goofy friends and I have a challenge each Monday...8 friends cheering, challenging and supporting each other. Some times the challenges are "normal", but we've had some "groaner" ones too!

This month, Charlene, set the challenges and today's is to use a coaster from a restaurant and some mesh. Well, some of the girls didn't have restaurant coasters , so Charlene said they could just use some blank ones.

Mine, I'll have you know, is a REAL coaster from La Rosa's Pizzeria ...mmmmm, yum! You can check out what the other girls did here.

And....here is my card.




A combination of High Hopes Rubber Stamps and Rubbernecker, colored with Copic markers. The background was sponged with distress inks.

I used my Spellbinders Nestabilities to cut the center out of the coaster. The colors on the coaster frame are how it came from the restaurant.

You just never know what you can use for stamping...so, don't throw "that" away!

Thanks for stopping!


3 comments :

Anonymous said...

I like how this kitty is out of the box!! I should look into these stamps...my boys would like them!

- dlm. said...

Wowzer! Can't believe that you made a frame out of a coaster and nesties.

Tonniece said...

Hi Dawn

This is AWESOME. WOW, Love it.