Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Flip Flap Chipmonks

Yesterday on Splitcoast, a Flip Flap Card was the Technique Challenge. Rose Ann has a great tutorial here .<----------
It's really a fun card to do, I hope you try it!!

I colored this adorable Tom Allen image with copics. Can't you just imagine these little guys enjoying those blueberries once they're all washed!
Now, if before seeing this card, I told you to get a DCWV mat stack called Nursery "Baby Boy" and use it for this layout...you'd probably roll your eyes ROLLING EYES! But that's just the paper I used! You probably can't tell from the photo, but the bitty blue flowers have a tiny dot of stickles.... like a shiny wet blueberry!

This card is standard 5.5 wide so I was able to use my Top Score for the rounded flap and of course to score. Can you see the dry embossing along the scallops? I scored that first then used scallop scissors to cut away the excess and just adhered that piece to my base cardstock!

The scalloped oval was done using my Nestabilities. And the button closure is a button from my button can...golly, I'd hate to think how old it might be...it came from my mother! I added a tiny white pearly button for the center.

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you learned a thing or two. Now, go create!!


Stamp:
Tom Allen's Friendly Kritters- Cornish Heritage Farms

Ink:
Black Soot Distress- Ranger

Cardstock:
Herbal Garden light- Prism Papers
DCWV Nursery 'Baby Boy'

Accessories:
Copic markers
Spellbinders Nestabilities
Top Score
Scallop Scissors
Ribbon
Dimensional (adhering lg button)
Buttons
Matte Accents (used to glue little button)- Ranger

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Your coloring is to die for!! WOW!!
Starla

Alli Miles said...

LOVE IT--especially that SWEET button.

Broni said...

LOVE this, Dawn!!! AND I love your banner!!

Ashley said...

Dawn, that is SUPER CUTE!! Love it! Hugs! Ash~
www.ashleyscreativecorner.com