Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Trying It Like Tim

If you've been following Tim Holtz's blog, you've been seeing some awesome tags with his "12 Tags of Christmas".


I thought I'd give it a try with what I had on hand. Here's my tag, Tim Holtz style.


I started with a plain manilla tag and drug my Adirondack Pitch Black ink pad over it, covering the entire tag. You can also start with black cardstock. Allow tag to dry...(I hurried it with the heat tool *wink*) Tim uses Paint Dabbers and I can see where they could sure come in handy and will definitely be on my next order!


Next I stamped my Rubbernecker images in versamark and gave them a coat of clear embossing powder.


Now the fun begins! Again, Tim uses paint dabbers here, I put 3 blobs of white acrylic paint on a plastic plate and three drops of Adirondack reinkers, raisin, cranberry, currant...one on each white blob. Stirred each up to mix then I used a sponge and applied it to the tag, totally covering it and adding a little more white toward the top. Oh, those dabbers would have been great here!!


So, now my 'black' tag with images is totally covered in paint! What to do! Well, I took a damp rag and wiped the color off the images! Voila! Resist!


I put some crystal Stickles on my finger and smeared it here and there. Had a foam snowflake (thanks Cindy *wink*) that I embossed with Ranger Halographic embossing powder. Heating the snowflake was cool as it kinda shrunk it and changed the appearance a little. (is that an oxymoron? heating the snowflake is cool?!) I also embossed the brad.


Distressed the edges and added some fibers......and there you have it!

Rubbernecker carries all the images shown and a large supply of Ranger products.

0 comments :