Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Grow Like Wildflowers

SeedsOfTodayCongrat-blk

I love this verse and thought it went well as a “congratulations” card! I had two very special people in mind as I was creating it!

SeedsOfTodayCongratWM2

For my background, I randomly stamped Seeds of Today in embossing ink, sprinkled white embossing powder and heat set. I took Faded Jeans distress ink directly to the paper then overlapped with Tumbled Glass, I spritzed with water and held it up so the darker ran to the lighter and off the edge. A different kind of emboss resist. 
After it was completely dry, I used Pierced Rectangles to cut it.

The verse is embossed, cut with Circles and layered on Pierced Circles done with the same distress inks, and Doily.

I cut Congratulations out of the same dark blue cardstock as the base and used a glue pen by  ZIG to adhere it to the strip of white edged with Bitty Borders.

My “wildflowers” are Pretty Posies.

SeedsOfTodayCongrat-sd

I hope I’ve inspired you today not only to make this card, but to surprise someone and Grow!

Thanks for stopping by!

Dawn

1 comments :

Bernadette said...

This is beautiful, Dawn! :) I love it! I like how you worked the distressed inks on the embossed resist background. I would never have thought that. I also like the two sentiments. They definitely match! Thank you for the inspiration.