Friday, July 17, 2015

Taking a Look Back at July

Our Daily Bread designs

Blessed Assurance…. Fanny Crosby wrote so many beautiful hymns, thousands of them! If you’ve never read or watched her life story, you need to. Here is a testimony of how she kept the troops inspired to press on!

“During the re­cent war in the Trans­vaal,” said a gen­tle­man at my meet­ing in Ex­e­ter Hall, Lon­don, in 1900, “when the sol­diers go­ing to the front were pass­ing ano­ther bo­dy of sol­diers whom they re­cog­nized, their greet­ings used to be, ‘Four-nine-four, boys; four-nine-four;’ and the sa­lute would in­var­i­a­bly be an­swered with ‘Six fur­ther on, boys; six fur­ther on.’ The sig­nif­i­cance of this was that, in ‘Sac­red Songs and So­los,’ a num­ber of co­pies of the small edi­tion of which had been sent to the front, num­ber 494 was ‘God be with you un­til we meet again
;’ and six fur­ther on than 494, or num­ber 500, was ‘Bless­ed As­sur­ance, Je­sus is mine.’”

Angels Descending, is part of the second verse.

We’re taking a look back at the July release from Our Daily Bread designs. For my sample today, I used Fragrance, You Are My Angel, Angels Descending, and Flower Box Fillers.

Our Daily Bread designs

Our Daily Bread designsOur Daily Bread designs

Our Daily Bread designs

Our Daily Bread designs

I started by stamping the angel wings from Angels Descending in Colorbox French Blue, then stamped the roses from Fragrance in Colorbox Pink Pastel for my base. I love how this set makes a beautiful background!

Here is a close-up with the wings softly peeking through. 

Our Daily Bread designs

I stamped the verse from the hymn in Ranger Jet Black on Ornate Hearts and added the Flower Box Fillers. I also tucked one of the Beautiful Borders under the heart.

I also finished the inside

Our Daily Bread designs Angels Descending verse and You Are My Angel wings.

Julie, my sister breadstick, inspired me when she made a little flower pot out of the flowerbox by shortening when die cutting, so I added one to the handmade envelope.

Our Daily Bread designs

For more July inspiration, visit the ODBD blog,
and be sure to stop by my sister sticks too!!

Cathy * Julie * Sandee * Amy * Lori  
Loretta * America * SabrinaOur Daily Bread designs

Blessèd assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
chorus
(This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long.)

Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

Perfect submission, all is at rest
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

Thanks for stopping by!

Dawn

6 comments :

Irish Cherokee said...

What a fantastic creation Dawn. Love the quote and the inside message.

Hugs and Blessings
Jim

Cathymac said...

Loved reading your post about Fanny Crosby…her hymns are some of my favorite! Your card is just gorgeous, Dawn! Love the background you created with the wings and the roses! Beautiful! Hugs!

Cathymac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angella D. Crockett said...

Oh, Dawn, I came here to get a closer look at your AMAZING card, but I have found myself much more inspired by your post!! Thank you for sharing the hymn and the history lesson about the troops......wow!!!!!!

Amarilys said...

Beautiful card! Tge colors are beautiful!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

So lovely, Dawn! The pink/white is so pretty & I love the flowers on the side of the heart.