Tuesday, June 28, 2011

#70…. A Sassy Out of Box Challenge

June28 blk

Our Sassy Challenge this week is Judy’s idea… Out of the Box. Play along and you could be a winner!
Just be sure to use a
Sassy Cheryl’s image!

June28 clsup

I need to make Thank You cards for the Awards Sponsors at our Ohio State Fair Llama Show! Cheryl  drew this awesome llama just for ME for this very occasion, and called it Dawn’s Llama! I made this one an Appaloosa.

osf1

I printed 6 at a time and started coloring with Copics!

osf appy1

This is the Appy just colored… then I soaked a small rag with Blender Solution and went over the body…this gives a “textured” look.

osf appy2

See how it softened the spots?

osf5

Then I masked them and airbrushed. Each card will be different that’s for sure! Oh, and I’m not done yet! Glad I still have about a month to get them finished!! Winking smile

June28 OSF TY

In PSE7 I removed the dots from the ribbon and added my wording.

I embossed the TY layer and sponged with Distress inks. The card base is sponged with Distress inks to match the DCWV paper, the layer behind the llama is “faux” cardstock… I used white cs and colored the edges with the same Copic as the ribbon to match. To get that layer I just traced the outside of the same Spellbinders #12 die and cut it out.

For more Sassy inspiration,
see what the other girls have done!

Ann English Cathy Edgar
Heather Huggins Kim Rhead
Jeni Tidwell Peggy Marsh
Jackie Mooney Judy Kreucher

thanks for stopping!

Dawn

9 comments :

Sassy Cheryl said...

WOW! Loving them Dawn! Also, love the way your showed the process! They are going to LOVE these!

Kim said...

wonderful card Dawn!!! Love how you showed the process too!

Jeni said...

Wow, that's a lot of llamas!! I lole that they all look different. Beautiful coloring Dawn ~jeni :)

jkreucher said...

WOW~! you go girl... I love assembly line work.. thats how I make most of mine.. I never make just one of any card... If you have all the things out.. I say just go for it..
they are all going to be works of art!
hugs
Judy

Ann English said...

Wow, wow, WOW! A ton of work and oh, so special! I love seeing your work in progress. I just got an air compressor. It is still in the box. I'm terrified to try it. Only hope I can master it as you have!

Cathy said...

Dawn, love each and every one of them and the judges will too. Very special cards and so beautifully done as always. I love to play with fur too LOL.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Too cute for words. You are the best Llama colourer in the world! Happy Wednesday GF!

Janetlynne said...

just adorable..

Turtle In The Sand said...

Love your Llama cards. I tried this one this week. I can only say that mine look nothing like yours, so I tip my hat to you Oh Queen of the Llamas! Ha Ha Happy Fourth, Dawn