Thursday, February 24, 2011

Using Grey…Quick and Simple!

WT grey

The Ways to Use It challenge on Splitcoast today is to use grey. I never realized how hard this color is to photograph!! I have trouble with purples being true…now grey!

Anyhoo… I did a CAS (clean and simple) card this morning before heading out the door to a 4H advisor meeting (time to start thinking about kids and llamas!)

WT311 Holds

I used Anchor, from Our Daily Bread designs, stamped in Pumice Stone on a grey generic cardstock. Then I stamped the sentiment in black, rounding the bottom sentiment on my acrylic block before stamping just for a little different look and kind of an “ocean wave” feel.

I used the new Fish Embossing Plate for the background.

For my “faux” cardstock (to make it a darker grey) I used N4 Copic around the edges of the same light grey cs. I thought the EK punch had a wavy look to it and added a nice touch.

Trust you day is going well.

Thanks for stopping!

Dawn

0 comments :