Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Inside Out with Angels Landing

Nov Let It Snow block

Happy Wednesday to you all! The Angels Landing challenge for the Design Team this week was to finish the inside of our card.

Nov4 Let It Snow outside I decided to let this little guy, from Penguin Chicks, peek out from the inside by using my Spellbinders Scalloped Circles. To figure where my circles should be, I just put my dp over the cardstock and held it up to the light...the little guy showed through enough that I could draw a circle lightly with a pencil and put my die in place! Then all I had to do was use my dp to know where to put the smaller die for the window.

Nov4 Let It Snow snow I printed Let it Snow from the same set, colored it with a Copic and applied Glitter Foam by Deco Art. It comes out like glue, but when you heat it (with a heat tool) it puffs up like liquid appliqué and is all shimmery! (I have to admit...I have no clue what it does if you just let it dry on it's own! I'm too impatient and always dry it!! LOL)

Nov4 Let It Snow insideAnd here he is on the inside! Colored with Copics...masked and using a reverse mask, I airbrushed around him. 

digital images by Angels Landing paper: gp white, dcwv other: copic markers, spellbinders nestabilities, ribbon, martha stewart border punch, glitter glue

Be sure to check what Inside Out project the other girls did.

Thanks for stopping!

Dawn

13 comments :

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww Dawn this is soooo cute!!! I love how you did the penguin on the inside!!! Very very pretty!!!

Have a nice day!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

Maria said...

Wow, what an awesome idea to spotlight the penguin Dawn!! Your little guy is adorable! Beautiful job with you coloring!! Awesome job on your inside out card!! Thank you for the wonderful welcome too!!

Maria

Tosha Leyendekker said...

So, so cute LM!! And this sweet little guy is colored so beautifully too!! Fabulous card!!

Lynn McAuley said...

There is something about this happy little face that makes me smile every time!! What a delight to see him peeking through the front of your beautiful holiday card!! Such a wonderful design, Dawn!!

Velta said...

Hi Dawn ~ Sorry it took me so long to visit...This card is adorable and an inspiration...I know just the image to use when CASEing this card!!! Hope you and yours are well. How bout them Llamas???

Joy said...

Dawn, this is soooooo cute!!! :)

csroyal said...

This is so cool and what an awesome job on the coloring!

Broni said...

Oh so precious, Dawn!! I love how you put your image inside!!!

Grace said...

Just adorable Dawn! You sure handle that airbrush like a pro! Great design and a real fun card!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Man! I wish I could colour like that! He's so soft & fluffy that I wanna pet him--peekin' out all adorable like 'dat! AND holy mad tricks batman! You have some super sneaky ways. I love the holding the card up to the light and that crazy glitter foam looks amazing! You da BEST!

Judi M said...

Such a cute idea, Dawn, to have this little guy peeking out from the inside of the card. Your airbrushing is lovely, and that Glitter Foam looks terrific.

- dlm. said...

Ahhh...how cute! TFS!

Jennifer Scull said...

just so very precious! will have to try that foam.... hadn't heard of it before and it sounds interesting. love the way it looks here! :)