Saturday, October 31, 2009

Bringing You Lasting Joy

IC204 blockToday's Inspiration Challenge on Splitcoast was a no-brainer for me! As soon as I saw the Poinsettia Porcelain Plate I knew what I was going to do!

IC204 Christmas JoyThis is a 4.25x4.25 card. I stamped the poinsettias from Blessed Christmas first and colored with a mix of Prismacolor pencils and Copics and colored all around them with an olive Copic. Then I stamped the poinsettias from Luke 2:11 on another piece of cardstock, colored with Copics and cut them out.

Next I gave it all a spritz of Pearl Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels, popped up the cut out flowers, punched leaves from Prism Spring Willow med and glued them in place. For the flower centers, I put a dab of Liquid Pearls by Ranger and added some gold seed beads.

The verse is from Christmas Verses. All these images are being released tomorrow at Our Daily Bread designs. The Design Team has a huge blog hop with fabulous prizes tomorrow!! So be sure to stop by!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Thanks for stopping!

Dawn

9 comments :

- dlm. said...

Your card is drop-dead gorgeous! (Of course, I *need* this set as well LOL ). Thanks for sharing your artwork with us!

Kelley said...

Ooh, my fave so far!! Love it!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Beautiful flower arranging around the sentiment Dawn!! WOW!

Grace said...

Oh wow Dawn!!! You really wowed us all with this one! I know exactly where the inspiration came from without looking! LOL! Wish I had time to play it... you aced this one my friend! Love how you added the seed beads to the centers! A great job!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW - WOW - WOW - WOW - WOW....OMGosh - THIS IS SOOOOOOO STUNNING - Dawn!!! Love it!!! You rocked the IC piece!!! WTG Hugs ~S~

marysanders123 said...

Simply beautiful Dawn. I just loe this card.

@JoyceCasaldi said...

Wow, what a beautiful candle.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This is breathtaking! I love the deep colours & what a treat to read how you did it all. I have to get me some of those liquid pearls. Goodness knows I have enough seed beads, LOL. You really rocked these releases GF!

Jerri Kay said...

Oh my word Dawn, this is just amazingly gorgeous! Love the new poinsettia stamp!