Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Fresh From the Oven! Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins!!

Ok...I had to do it!! Those blueberries were just too tempting..coloring them and tasting a few for the photo shoot! *wink*

Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins

1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup rolled oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt1 egg, beaten
¾ cup milk
½ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup oil½ teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup fresh or frozen blueberries

Grease muffin pan or line with paper cups; set aside. In a bowl stir together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in center of dry mixture.
In a bowl combine egg, milk, brown sugar, oil, and vanilla. Add egg mixture all at once to the dry mixture. Stir just till moistened (batter should be lumpy). Fold blueberries into batter.

Fill muffin cups ¾ full. Bake at 400* for approx. 10-12 minutes or until done. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Makes about 18
Enjoy!

10 comments :

Kristin said...

Whoa! You just slapped a huge craving on me! LOL Now I gotta go to the store and buy some blueberries so I can try these yummy looking muffins!

LorettaL said...

Oh gosh Dawn - my stomach growled as I read the recipe! My tummy says that looks over the moon yummy!!!

Kerri said...

YUMMY! Thanks for the delicious looking recipe! Now who can I get to bake those for me, hmmmm....

Stephanie said...

omgoodness these look so yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

Yum Yum...give me some :)

Anonymous said...

Did ya notice how many comments you get from your recipie??? YUMMERS!!!

rbts6pk said...

Just made them for Cathryn. She says it is just the medicine she needs for strep throat.

Emma said...

they look yummy!

- dlm. said...

Now I'm starving! (LOL) I'll have to make these as soon as we eat the oatmeal craisin, oatmeal raisin, and triple chocolate biscotti that I made over the last few days. Maybe I should just freeze most of the cookies so we can have muffins?

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmmmmm . . . my favorite is blueberry muffins! can I come over? (*wink*)