Friday, April 14, 2017

Looking Back at April’s Release from ODBD

LuminousLantRosesFFanLovFl-blk2

Hello and welcome to this look back at April’s release from Our Daily Bread Designs!

I recently went to a scrapbooking show where one of the vendors was using coffee filters to make flowers. I couldn’t wait to get home and make some Roses! I decided to make 5 sided Luminous Lantern to attach them to.

LuminousLantRosesFFanLovFl-WM2jpg

I stacked 8 filters together for the flowers. The largest rose used all the dies except the small 5 petal center…. 32 layers! For each rose, after die cutting, I stacked the petals, then using my piercing tool and mat, poked a hole in the center. I cut a piece of craft wire, wrapping one end around the thin end of a small paintbrush several times to make a small coil, then stuck it through the hole in the centers of the flowers. This will assure that the flower holds together.

LuminousLantRosesFFanLovFl-wire

LuminousLantRosesFFanLovFl-wire2
Then lots of separating petals, easy but tedious. {You need to pull the flower tightly against wire in the next steps.} I lightly spritzed each with water to shape, dried, then airbrushed with a Copic. 
I applied a little glue along the petal edges and dipped in sugar dust. I sort of coiled up the excess wire under the flower and used tacky white glue to attach each to the lantern. I used the small center die for the little white flowers and added prills to the centers.

LuminousLantRosesFFanLovFl-clsup

Once I got it all together, it just seemed like something for a wedding! So I added a Fancy Fan stamped with Lovely Flower.

LuminousLantRosesFFanLovFl-blk

The roses are so light and airy! I love how they turned out! These lanterns could have battery tea lights inside as table decorations, left as is, filled with so many things, or could even be the fancy box for your gift! Just tuck a gift card in some tissue paper inside!

All the April release info can be found on the ODBD blog, and be sure to visit my sister sticks. They made some awesome creations just for you!!

Dawn (me) * Cathy * Lori * Helen * Kathy * Lisa

 Diana * Sandee * Julie * Sabrina * Robin


Thanks for stopping by!

Dawn

2 comments :

Helen Gullett said...

Such a beautiful box with those stunning roses, Dawn. Love those sugar dust on them. Thank you so much for the tip how to hold the petals together :) Gotta try it!

Robin Clendenning said...

This is beautiful Dawn!! I love your coffee filter roses and yes, I MUST try that!! they are a wow! I don't have the airbrush system but I think maybe I could dye them first?
Anyway, LOVE LOVE LOVE your lantern!