Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Hope Your Birthday is a HOOT!

SC555-blk

Several Splitcoast challenges rolled into one… the sketch and color (gold/vanilla)… AND a sneak peek at what’s coming from North Coast Creations this week!!

SC555WM

Who Loves You? has these adorable whimsical owls, a whole family of them!! And……………are you sitting down??!!………….DIES!!! Yes, dies that match!! Owl Family Dies will cut out your birds and tree branch, AWESOME!!

For this card, using my MISTI, I stamped the owls and branch in Memento Tuxedo black. This lets me color the images easily as the ink doesn’t bleed with alcohol markers. I didn’t want the leaves black, so I wiped most of the ink off before stamping.

M1

Then colored as usual, leaving the cardstock in place.

M2

Now, to make the images PoP! I over-stamped with Ranger Jet Black, an intense black ink.

M3

Another reason to LOVE my MISTI! No second guessing if my images will line up a 2nd, 3rd, 4th time!

SC555-sd

Our blog hop release will be Friday, so be sure to stop by to see ALL the great items!

Thanks for stopping!

Dawn

1 comments :

Julia Aston said...

What sweet owls Dawn and I love the tree background!! Julia xx