Friday, August 1, 2014

Summertime! ODBD August Release

Our Daily Bread designs, Mudd Puddles, Copics

Ahh, summer! I love the beach…just too bad it’s so FAR away! This month’s release helps my ocean envy with lots of fun seaside themes!

You can see all the info on the ODBD blog.

Prize Information:

Three winners will be randomly chosen from the comments left on the designers blogs to receive a $15 Gift Certificate to the ODBD Store, to be used toward the purchase of ODBD Stamps found in the "stamps column" of the website. You have until August 2, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. EDT to leave your comments! The Winners will be posted on the ODBD Blog on August 3rd, so be sure to check back there to see if you won!

Here’s what I used today to make my samples

Life is Better GCS30


Anchor the Soul

 

 

 

 

Flip Flop Border Die


Our Daily Bread designs, Mudd Puddles, Copics

Is this FUN or what!! I love that the flip flop border stamp has a matching die!!! I stamped Life is Better in Momento Black Tuxedo, used the Flip Flop Border die and colored with Copics.

Just some sponging with distress inks and some Mudd Puddles sand added!

I think I need all those colors of flip flops!

Our Daily Bread designs, Mudd Puddles, Copics

I stamped Anchor the Soul in Tuxedo Black, colored with Copics, sponging and a little white acrylic paint for the clouds. You also might recognize Pennants die with the sentiment. 

Our Daily Bread designs

Our Daily Bread designs

The bread sticks have been super busy creating for you! You can almost feel the ocean breeze and smell the salty air!

Enjoy your ocean journey as you click on each one!

Julie * Cathy * Paula * Grace * Chris * Lori * Sandee * Lisa * Angie* Sabrina * Wanda * Audrey * Silke

Thanks for stopping by!

Dawn

27 comments :

Angella D. Crockett said...

Love them both, Dawn! The flip flops are so fun and colorful and I love the Mudd Puddles for this!! (Do you know...I do not own a pair of flip flops?! Eeek!!) I love the scene you've created on the 2nd....your coloring is always perfect and I love the banner for the sentiment....gorgeous design!! HUGS!!! (P.S. Can't wait to see you next week!!)

Grace said...

Oh two fun cards Dawn! Love the sand texture on the first and the sponging of the scene.. LOVE how you colored the scene on the second! Love the pennant sentiment! Beautiful as always!
hugs,
Grace

Deb said...

Both of your cards are awesome!

Unknown said...

Dawn, your cards are wonderful! I love the use of the texture on the sand and your clouds on the second card look so real. just lovely !!

Unknown said...

Your sand for texture is just perfect!! Let's go to the beach! You are soooo creative and color so beautifully!!! These are both home runs!!! Love the banner for the sentiment. Nice touch!!!

lisa808 said...

I love the beach too! And, your beautiful, vibrant cards.

Cathymac said...

What a great idea to use real san for texture on your first card, Dawn …a perfect ground layer for your colorful flip flops! Your actor card is just gorgeous! I need to take cloud lessons from you…yours are perfect! LOL! Stunning projects!

Sherry said...

love the mudd puddles under the flip flops!! and I love that new anchor stamps!!!! your cards are gorgeous!!!!

Andrea D. La Vigne said...

Love the colors and texture on your flip-flop card. Looks really beachy! And the coloring on the second one is wonderful! I can't believe you painted the clouds in--they look so realistic. Great job there!

Becky said...

Dawn, what fantastic creations....I love that flip flop creation!!!

April said...

These are wonderful cards! You made the beach and water on both look so real! I will be going the the beach in about 3 weeks, so this is getting me ready! xo

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous Dawn!! I just love the texture and scene you created on your first flip flop card and your coloring of the anchor and your sponged sky on the second is beautiful!!
hugs,
Chris
I am praying for you my friend!! I am so sorry about the loss of your sweet dog friend!! I know how we all become so attached to our pets and they are like part of the family!! HUGS!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Dawn, I love the sand on your flip flop card! Which reminds me of a *sand card* you created many years ago and I just had to buy that sand too, but mine dried out :( . Anyway two fabulous cards GF!!!

Colleen said...

Love the coloring on both of these it is great. I like them both.

Saints Rule! said...

Love the serenity of both of these projects! I believe I can feel ocean spray on my face... sigh...

Stephanie said...

Your sponging skills are top notch!! The sky and ocean on both cards are so realistic. The one with the anchor looks like a painting! I really like the addition of sand on the flip flop card! Fantastic work!!

DebR said...

Both cards are incredible! Great details....

Sue D said...

Both beach scenes are wonderful. Love the texture on the first one.

Lena said...

How happy and fun your first card is :-) Love the flip flop border - goes perfectly with your sentiment! I'm so in love with the anchor image that I'm going to purchase it as soon as I finish all my comments :-) The rest will have to go on my wish list (sigh). Thank you for sharing your beautiful cards.
Lena
xxx
Lena’s Creations

Bernadette said...

Did you work hard on these two cards, Dawn? They look so simple, yet I imagine it was hard work. I love both cards! I am really loving all design team cards.

Conniecrafter said...

Love the way you did the sand and water in both these cards, but they have totally different looks, fun sand added to the first and your second card has such a peaceful feel!

Audrey Hiltke said...

Dawn - I always love seeing what you've created each month and this month did not disappoint!! Your first card is so fun (love the mudd puddles sand!!) I feel like I'm at the beach with my family - and all their flip-flops sitting around!! And your second project is beautiful with the perfect masculine/tranquil feel. Love your amazing coloring too!! Hugs!

Tammy P. said...

Oooo--I must try some of those Mudd Puddles! Adorable card! And your second card is gorgeous!

Donna DeWitt said...

Your cards are just beautiful! Thanks for sharing them with us.

Wanda Cullen said...

Your beach scenes are both so gorgeous! The mud puddle sand is new to me, and it looks so real! Way to rock the new release!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Dawn, oh my word, your flip flop card is so amazing! You just do wonders with the Mudd Puddles....love it! Your anchor card is absolutely awesome, your coloring is always perfect! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the scenes you created with the release this month!