Thursday, June 12, 2014

You Make Me Smile!

Sassy Cheryl's Stamps

Once in a while, when my hubby has to travel, I go along. Sometimes it’s for the scenery, and sometimes it’s to meet up with fellow stampers and just have a good time!

That’s exactly what happened this week when he had to go up to the Cleveland area. I contacted Karen, (redbugdriver on SCS), whom I’d met before at the Akron show several years ago, and set up a time for her and Nancy (stiz2003) to come to the hotel.

As luck would have it, when we checked in, there was just ONE room available….there was some cooking convention going on and chefs were everywhere! The room was perfect as it had a separate ‘sitting room/kitchen’ complete with a nice bar just right for our play time coloring!

I don’t profess to be an expert on Copic coloring….lots of trial and error, LOTS of practice and lots of just having fun with experimenting! That’s what these ladies wanted to know and hopefully I was some help to them!

They came prepared with lots of images ready to color up! The only thing lacking was ALL our colors, but we made the best of what we had!!

Since I needed to work on my Sassy Challenge card for this week, that’s what I started on.

Sassy Cheryl's Stamps

This is A Penny for Your Thoughts. I colored in the entire sky, making clouds with about 3 different Copics. I had to finish up here at home though, as I wanted to add some white acrylic paint to enhance the clouds. I just mixed a drop of paint and some water and applied with my finger, then enhanced the bottoms of the clouds with a light gray here and there! The sentiment is Stampa Rosa.

Our Sassy Challenge (this is the last of the 2 week period) is Doodling! Play along using any Sassy Cheryl’s or a Sassy Kraftin’ Kimmie image and you could be a winner of 2 FREE Sassy digis!!

Hopefully next trip we have a little more time together. We got a lot done in 2 hours, but more would be fun!

Sassy Cheryl's Stamps

You never know… one of these days I might meet one of YOU, my readers!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Dawn

5 comments :

Liz Williams said...

If you ever get to the Texas gulf coast, give me a holler. This looks like fun. Irene (DandI93) came to Houston last summer and I made Lynn come over and we took Irene around finding all the scrapbook and stamp stores in the area. Such fun!

MariLynn said...

How fun. I wish I was there. If you ever get to southern Iowa let me know. I am so thankful for all my online friends. I wish I could meet them all in real life. I love the doodling around the edges.

Joanne (jojot) said...

how very fabulous, Dawn......and yes, you are an EXPERT or MASTER with Copics....I call 'em how I see 'em.....so envious of your meeting more SCSers.....but happy for all of you...hugs

Sassy Raggedy said...

How wonderful to be able to get together with crafty friends. You all are hard at work...Your card is adorable. Hugs, joann

Turtle In The Sand said...

I would have loved to watch you color those clouds. The look really really hard to me. It would be fun to get together. Hugs my talented friend.