Saturday, June 28, 2014

Give Me the Good Old Red, White and Blue!

Our Daily Bread designs

As we approach the 4th of July, special for us here in the US, I see lots of flags lining the streets in little towns. I wanted to stop and take a picture yesterday in one such town… so Americana! The flags on all the electric poles in a little 2 block village looked so neat!

Lots of Red, White and Blue!!

As we’re celebrating our independence with picnics and fireworks, let’s also remember to thank those that help to keep us the land of the free and the home of the brave!

Our Daily Bread designs

Today starts the sneak peeks of the July release from Our Daily Bread designs! Oh my….your creative imagination is just going to explode with the limitless options for these sets!!

I used Patriotic Pennants (the cool stars, stripes, and sentiments stamps) combined with the….
………..wait for it………
matching custom dies, Pennants and Pennant Row! 

Old Flag Background and Not Forgotten are just several of the patriotic images available to compliment these new sets that I used for this card!!!

I used Ranger Distress ink Faded Jeans, Vintage Photo and Festive Berries. For the larger pennants, I stamped off on a piece of scrap then stamped the image to lighten it so my sentiments would pop. The sentiments are easy to ink up with several colors, stamping one time! I split up the ‘welcome home’ to 2 lines to make it fit.

The layers are also done with the same ink, dragging the pad across the paper and blending a little with a sponge. It gives it a grunge look similar to my background.

Our Daily Bread designs

And this is just the tip of the iceberg!! Don’t forget to check in on the 1st to see the entire release!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Dawn

0 comments :