Monday, November 19, 2012

Some Christmas and Patina…ODBD Elegant Ovals

ElegantOvals-Patina-blk

I’m sharing some samples for our Feature Focus item this month, ODBD Exclusive Spellbinders "Elegant Ovals" Die set!
You can see more on the ODBD blog here.

Here are the sets I used for my cards
Eternity and Elegant Oval Frames
You Will Find Refuge 
and Turtle Dove Ornament

These dies would be a great addition to your collection, just wait till you see some of the samples by the DT!!

EO 

ElegantOvals-Patina

The last show I worked with Kelley, I was captivated by a demo on VerDay Paint… I had to buy a kit! The thin cardboard is painted with Bronze and Copper, then I painted Bronze {on the stamp} and stamped the Eternity ‘oval’ on the die cut and spritzed with the Patina. After drying, I stamped the quote with Onyx Black.

ElegantOvals-Patina-ck

I painted the thin cardboard base the same, dry embossed, then sponged on some Bronze and spritzed. Same with the foliage.
Gives a cool look, don’t you think?!

ElegantOvals-Patina-clsup

ElegantOvals-Patina-sd

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

And another, layering the Elegant Ovals {stamped with Elegant Oval Frames} with other Spellbinder dies.

TurtleDoveElegantOvals

Thanks for stopping and I hope I’ve piqued your interest to visit Our Daily Bread designs and check out the Exclusive Spellbinders "Elegant Ovals" Die set

Dawn

5 comments :

Angella D. Crockett said...

Dawn, both of your cards are fabulous!! The faux patina technique turned out so cool and I love the paper and colors you used for the second...totally yummy!! Thanks so much for helping out with the Feature Focus!!! Mwaaaah!!!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! Wow have I ever missed drooling over your work. That little bird is oh so cute & the texture lovely. Those new dies are amazing, hey? Hope you're having a great Monday. xo

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful cards Dawn!! I just love the texture and technique used with the chickadee!! The blue and brown combo with all the layering of dies is so elegant.
hugs,
Chris

Grace said...

Ooooh both are so beautiful Dawn!!! I just love the faux patine!!! Must try that!!! Great cut work and I am in love with the second card... the papers are among my faves and the depth is awesome! Just beautiful!!!
hugs,
Grace

Anonymous said...

Dawn - Both cards are absolutely stunning!

-Also Dawn.