Saturday, November 3, 2012

Inspired by…. a Cardinal!

Cardinal Ornament, Our Daily Bread designs

Today’s Inspiration Challenge on Splitcoast is from Artful Home, a website offering unique works of original art, including prints, jewelry, ornaments, furniture, and all sorts of things!

I don’t even remember the last IC I participated in…. felt good to get back in the challenge!
This was a no brainer as soon as I saw this Cardinal Ornament!

glass_ornament_f[1]

Cardinal Ornament, Our Daily Bread designs

Obvious choice…. ODBD new Cardinal Ornament and Sing For Joy {an older set}

Cardinal Ornament, Our Daily Bread designs

Colored with Copics, clouds with homemade template and sponged with Broken China Distress ink. I went around the edge of the ornament with a silver pen. Spellbinders Standard Circles Lg works perfectly!  {the ornament top-hanger- is silver mirror cardstock, looks black in the pic! ugh!!}
This Cardinal is going to have the best decorated home! I cut a slit just under his one foot and slid the embroidery floss through… his ornament is ready to hang! I’m sure Mrs. Cardinal will love it!!

And I have one more Christmas card DONE!!
How many more to go?? LOL!

Thanks for stopping!

Dawn

3 comments :

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

This is so outstandingly gorgeous, Dawn! I love how you added the ornament as a part of your design and was curious what you used for the frame. Your coloring is magnificent, as always, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful, Dawn! I love how the large cardinal is perched upon a pine bow and is holding the cardinal ornament. Your colouring is stunning.

-Also Dawn.

Sue said...

Absolutely stunning! Beautiful holiday card and your coloring is awesome. Love those Cardinals.