Monday, June 4, 2012

A Triple Tier Thanks

TLC380 blk

What an awesome Technique Challenge today on Splitcoast… a 3 tier easel and see through image. You can go to the TLC link for instructions.

{right clicking on a picture will bring it up larger in another window for your viewing pleasure}

TLC380

Our Daily Bread designs He Watches Me (bird and thistle), Thank You, and Butterfly Single also using the Sparrow die and Butterfly die.

TLC380 sd2

A booger to photo! lol!! Anyhoo, all the angles so you get the idea.

TLC380 sd1

For the last ‘stop’ I used Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio III, popped up the center and glued down the ends.

TLC380 sparrow

I tried to color everything to match the Bo Bunny Ambrosia dp. Lilac Flower Soft on the thistles. Memory Box Grassland Border along the bottom.

TLC380 butterfly

Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles and ODBD Butterfly Die. (I did have to shorten several of the RR pieces to fit)

TLC380 basket

This was the image I used for the ‘see through’ part of the technique. I used  a ruler and lightly penciled the frame and using a craft knife, cut away all the excess within the frame. I added some Flower Soft Butterflies from the Die Cut Dimensions kit.

And it all folds flat for mailing!

I hope I’ve inspired you to try something different!!

Thanks for stopping!

Dawn

 

6 comments :

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! Gorgeous, awesome triple easel card, Dawn. I've been trying to figure out how to do this as shown on SCS "Try A New Technique" challenge and it truly has been a challenge. Your card is stunning! Each layer is so beautifully crafted with beautiful colored and cutout images and inspiring sentiments. Love it!!!

PC49 said...

I am awestruck. What a beautiful piece of work, obviously made with LOVE.

Antoinette/Cultivate Life in Joy said...

What a beautiful card. The way it triple folds with all those gorgeous layers..so very pretty

Traci S. said...

Hi Dawn~

This is really a spectacular piece of art! It is so beautiful...so summer-y! I love the bird and the thistle. The Flower Soft is a wonderful touch through out the 3 tiers. Amazing!

He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather

Whimcees said...

Hello!

What a beauty! This is a most wonderful creation! I am inspired to try this technique today! Wishing you a happy one!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Anonymous said...

This isn't just a card, it is art. I am in awe of your artistic ability and creativity. I am grateful that you take the time to share your God-given talents with us. Thank you!


-dlm.