Saturday, April 21, 2012

Time and Memories….

IC333 blk

Sympathy cards are never easy to make. Usually until it’s needed do I make one…making it that much harder… And, not anticipating needing one, but everything just jelled this morning for this card!

Even though I used the set, Paw Prints, from Our Daily Bread designs, it’s suitable for ‘people’ too!

Ok, enough of my rambling!

I was a real slacker this week with the Splitcoast challenges… I know, you’re thinking She’s rambling again!!… So I combined the Sketch, Technique, and Inspiration! All can be found here.

IC333 BHLDN Sympathy

The embossed layer is Spellbinders 
M-Bossabilities Enchanted. I love the depth and clarity these give! Awesome! AND… did you know  you get two different patterns with each one! Cool beans! BTW… all the cutting and embossing was done in my Grand Calibur too!

IC333 clsup

Ok, the sketch is obvious, the technique is to use masking tape, ink pad and glossy paper…. I used painter’s tape on regular paper. You ink up your tape {I used Tumbled Glass/Bundled Sage} and stick it to  your paper, leaving a cool background.

IC333 tape

This was my inspiration, as I thought it fit the sketch perfectly and using Spellbinders dies too! For the medallion layer I used Moroccan Motifs (bottom) and Splendid Circles (top). 
Ack… the masking tape/sentiment strip looked rather dull stuck on top, so I added one of the Ribbon Buckles under it and using the same die from Moroccan Motifs, gave it a fancy end!

IC333 SB 

IC333 sd

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Be inspired!

Thanks for stopping!

Dawn

3 comments :

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

I hope you never need another sympathy card, but if you have to have one, this one is so very beautiful and soft and I'm sure it will bring comfort. ox

Sandy said...

Gorgeous - really very nice. I love your design!!
Sandy

Traci S. said...

Hi Dawn~

Interesting that I stopped in today. I was thinking last night how I hate making Sympathy cards, because it is a sad time for me or a loved one when they are sad. So, I decided to concentrate on making at least 10 Sympathy cards this month...along with the other cards needed. That way, I will have a selection to choose from when needed. I am making them for no particular gender...mostly white. Just an idea.

This card you made is amazing! I have never seen that belt look on a card like this before! I really like the sentiment. I can't imagine how you stacked and attached all of the layers on this card. A glue pen? Dimensionals under where the belt loop is only? It is so open on this section, I don't know how you would stack them. This is a beautiful card. Thank you for sharing it with us. I am so glad I stopped in today.

I miss you, Sweetie! Hope life is great!

He IS Able!
Traci Starkweather

You May Receive 1-5 Cards Weekly!
http://He-IS-Able.blogspot.com