Monday, April 16, 2012

A Ribbon-Ring and Blended Photo….Thanks Papers and Pixels!

Just a quick post today to show you the fun I had playing with some of the tutorials in the latest issue of Papers and Pixels! Laura and the regular contributors have so many ideas. Like I told Laura, I know just enough PhotoShop to be dangerous!

Anyhoo, I used 2 of the tutorials from the April issue and one from January… Outside of the frame blending/Adding a ring to ribbon and Creating a grosgrain ribbon…using PSE7

I have quite a few pics set aside to play with, this is the one I chose.

CalebGabrielLeahFishing (2)

And here is what I did with it… I’m not a ‘scrapper’, but I think I could get into digital scrapping… I just need more HOURS in a day!! LOL

FunFishing

My oldest son, Caleb, with his 2 kids… which come December will be 3, as they just made an announcement last week!

FunFishing blend

I wanted to still see their feet dangling but didn’t want all the background, this blending technique worked perfectly!

FunFishing ring

And I made this REALLY cool ring and ribbon! Ok, so, I need a little practice… but, cool right!
The fishies were made using the Custom Shape Tool.

All for only $1.00 an edition (yearly subscription) or $1.50 for a single edition

P&P has lots to offer… have a look-see!

Thanks for stopping!

Dawn

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Awwww! Great photo of your DS, Caleb, and his children. Love the blending so that their legs and feet were slightly visible.

Many congrats on their soon-to-be addition to the family. (Congrats to you, too!).

-dlm.

Ann English said...

this is great, too! I s there anything you can't do?! I am impressed! I'd love to be a fly on the wall at your house (with a pencil, notebook, and camera) so I could see how you do all you do and learn a few tricks :)