Monday, September 26, 2011

Make Your Own Chipboard Embellishments

tlc blk

 

Today’s Technique  Challenge on Splitcoast is to use pattern paper and cover chipboard.
Well, I wanted my own design, not pre-cut chipboard, so I made my own!

 Our Daily Bread designs Holiday Ornaments, Elegant Ovals and one of the verses from Christmas Door… ALL peeks at what’s coming October 1… and corresponding Spellbinders Holiday Tags and ODBD Elegant Ovals for my festive Christmas card! 

TLC chipboard1

I stamped the Holiday Ornaments on Mirror paper with Ranger Distress Black Soot (distress inks stay wet to hold embossing powder!) and heat embossed with clear ep. Then using my Grand Calibur and Holiday Tags I cut them out. I cut 2 pieces of thin cardboard for each ornament.

tlc side 

I used Zip Dry glue by Beacon to put them together. I love that adhesive, it’s very forgiving… you can move your pieces around before they become stuck fast and if you get any glue on places you don’t want, all you have to do is rub it with your finger and it rolls right up without leaving any residue! Cool!

tlc clsup

I used the same technique with ODBD Elegant Ovals and Elegant Oval Frames, using Versamark and silver EP. For the verse, from Christmas Door, I used Black Soot and clear Ep. Prima North Country is the paper.

 The base is DCWV’s Christmas Stack, perfect to hang my ornaments with silver embroidery floss!

 If I keep it up, at this rate I won’t be scrambling at the last minute to get my Christmas cards done and out!!

 

I hope I’ve inspired you to try something new!

Thanks for stopping!!

Dawn

0 comments :