Tuesday, March 22, 2011

#56 Something New.. A Sassy Challenge

Mar22 blk

Our Sassy Challenge today is “something new”. Play along, all the info is on the Sassy Cheryl’s Challenge Blog.

I used  The Little Boy’s Flower, a recent new image and one I haven’t colored yet. Isn’t he sweet! I also used some DP, Basic Grey’s Hello Luscious, new at CHA! AND… also new at CHA, Spellbinders Ribbon Tag Trio 3. I cut the “ribbon” ends off to better fit my  layout.
The image panel is faux layered, meaning I used a ruler and Sharpie marker!
I sponged the edges with Bundled Sage and Tumbled Glass Distress ink.
The sentiment is by Judith.

Mar22

For more Sassy inspiration, see what the other girls have done!

Ann English Cathy Edgar
Heather Huggins Kim Rhead
Jeni Tidwell Peggy Marsh
Jackie Mooney Jodi Ann Lee
Judy Kreucher

Thanks for stopping!

Dawn

10 comments :

Sassy Cheryl said...

Yep, he is cute! And I love the 'simple' sentiment. . . 'Because'. That certainly says it all.
Gorgeous!

jkreucher said...

Awh.. such a sweet little boy! colored just right as always... perfect sentiment!
hugs to ya
Judy

Jeni said...

He is so adorable Dawn! Your coloring really brings him to life. ~jeni :)

Kim said...

WOW! I love your new paper!!! Beautiful card!!

Ann English said...

Darling-gorgeous coloring per usual. Hey, did y'all decide everyone was going to redesign their blogs? This is the third one I've been on-all new!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Super sweet! I just love that little guy, right down to his cute boots. Your colouring is stunning as always. Looks great with that fun paper. Happy Wednesday! :0)

Jodi said...

Cute and sweet! Love those papers!
Hugs
Jodi =)

NoraAnne said...

This card just brings a smile to my face! First, the image is just SO sweet :) being the mom of one little boy, it really appeals to me!
And you coloring ~ WOW! awesome job and the sponged background looks amazing :) Finished off with that awesome colorful background paper :)
I just love it all!

Cathy said...

Dawn, I love just "because" cards, they are perfect for any reason to send a card. Love the dp and of course your coloring is always perfect :)

Heather Huggins said...

Beautiful job. Great idea about the ends off the tag!!