Monday, October 11, 2010

What Do You See When You Take A Walk?

tlcblkThe leaves here in West Central Ohio
are just beginning to turn.
We walk everyday and oh, the colors we see!

I have several Splitcoast challenges to share today... wet paper stamping, make a card inspired from something you see when you walk, and make a flower for your card.

tlc sideI love the look that the damp paper give the ink and image, the ink bleeds some, softens...it's almost dream like.

I stamped the leaves from  Randi's Song on spritzed regular old Georgia Pacific white cardstock (you can use watercolor paper..I just chose not to). I used Rusty Hinge, Barn Door, Wild Honey and Crushed Olive Distress inks...and set it aside to dry.

Then I stamped the leaves again, along with the large Maple leaf in the set and cut them out.

tlc clsup  I spritzed the leaves real good and crumpled them up. Carefully, I un-crumpled them and drug several of the same Distress inks over them. I spritzed and crumpled until I was happy with the results. Then I dried them with my heat tool.

TLC294  There Is A SeasonI stamped Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 in Forest Moss Distress ink once the background was dry, then gave it a good coat of Glimmer Mist !

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

This next card features Country Gal, from Sassy Cheryl's, a digital image. I just got this Amber Autumn matt stack by DCWV...gorgeous colors!

hycct11 clsup

She's colored with Copics with some white gel pen accents. The background is sponged with Distress inks.

HYCCT11 Just For YouThe flowers and leaves are a Martha Stewart punch, rhinestones are in the centers and also on her hat. The sentiment is from Wonders of Nature by Innovative Stamp Creations.

We're sure enjoying some beautiful weather...I know it can't last forever. Hope it's beautiful where YOU are!

Thanks for stopping!

Dawn

7 comments :

jkreucher said...

HI Dawn, I love these vibrant colors.. this is one of me fave images... what a beautiful card!
I see a couple of new nesty shapes here... how great together!
Hugs
Judy

jkreucher said...

Oh! forgot to comment on your stunning leaf card... soft subtle, fall colors.
Awesome my friend!
Hugs

Chrissy D said...

Ohhhh STUNNING!!

Traci S. said...

Hi Dawn~

We just came home from MD last night. The weather there was like a beautiful spring day...75 degrees with a gentle breeze...and the leaves had started to change also. When I went out to walk...I saw God in every step. I was able to walk without my cane, and I could breathe so much easier with the cooler and less humid air in FL. I saw God in the beautiful trees, the singing birds, and the squirrels running around in circles!

I love what you have made! Both pieces are wonderful. I think the first piece of art is missing a frame...probably a shadow box to let your leaves stay on it. It is magnificent and really does add that dream quality, you spoke of. I love that Scripture. It is beautiful. I could see you using this technique to make one for each season...and then framing all of them...and perhaps sending them to someone who doesn't really have much of a change of seasons...perhaps a friend in FL.
**hint! hint!!** It is magnificent. Your leaves are amazing!

I love the second card. That girl is wonderful. I need to get a stamp with her on it! I love how you colored her. The outfit is great! I really love the dp in the center! Beautiful! The card is like looking back in a mirror from a while...ok, a long while ago. The knee highs. the skinny legs. I just feel like I am kin to her!

Thank you, Dear Dawn for sharing both of these cards!

Remember~
He IS Able,
Traci S.

Jeni said...

Beauties! Those leaves look awesome & I love your new nesties! ~jeni :)

freida said...

Dawn, I always get sooo much inspiration from your posts, but rarely take the time to comment! :( After seeing these, I had to put everything else on hold so I could really absorb every inch of their beauty! What an INCREDIBLE job you did!

- dlm. said...

Thanks so much for describing how you made the card inspired by Autumn leaves. I'm in awe! TFS your craft with us!